Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too, have some alopecia from pulling my braid extensions back too tight when I was in high school. I used to be obsessed with making the new growth look as smooth as possible once the braids started getting old. Still, over the years, I've noticed that hair has come back over time. It is not where it used to be, but it's there...lol..

I started my natural journey in 2008 and after years of wanting to grow long hair, I want to chop it off into a short 'do. I'm only worried how my edges will look once I do it...Best believe, I will do it! I just think that I won't cut it too low. It will be low enough so that I can still kind of disguise my edges. LOL...somewhat.

Have any of you cut your hair into a short and funky 'do even though you had traction alopecia around your edges/temples? Or just sparse edges? I want to know how it turned out for you! ;-)

No matter what, I think we have to do our best to work with what we have, right! Thanks!
    Beginning YEAR 3 of this natural hair journey as of October 16th, 2010. Woohooo!!! Bring IT!!!

My Fotki

My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raises hand...I survived alopecia areata.
    gumbohair.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had alopecia and thinning hair from 10 years of sisterlocks. I had a very large bald spot in the top of my head. I took out my sisterlocks and started using Jamaican Black castor oil and Mega Tex with nightly massages. I have hair now and in some spots its just fuzz but at least it is not bald anymore. I will take some time but patience is vital.
    Sisterlocked on oct 2002

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisterlocks helped my hair loss along, too.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123