Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My big mistake was dying my hair with permanent color. My locs weaken and a few fell out. I have not dyed my hair for a year now and my hair has made a huge progress.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My big mistake was insisting on using product to secure my braidlocks when I installed them. I used Taliah Wajiid's lock it up. Not only does it have petroleum-which I knew bettah' but it was slippery and set me back with slippage for 2/3 months. But coming out of loose natural hair, it's hard to let go of the concept of moisture and conditioning, so it took a while for my mental to transition.

Tip: all you need is water.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I was eight years old my mother took me in for my first haircut to remove all the shoulder length braids she kept my hair in. Since that time I kept haircuts, At 43 I decided to go for the loc's all the while I never knew my hair type was (fine). After they finally loc'd I decided to go for latching becuz they were kept neat and I could wash them anytime but one problem happened my roots started getting real real thin. So now I've gone back to twisting and had to combine almost my entire head, if this doesnt work I might have to start over unless theres a better solution...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got another mistake. Thinking that I need to use the same products as others. I've learnt to stick with what works and keep it moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Sisterlocked date: 09 Nov 2009
    Blog & Albums: www.huntresslocs.com
    Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/HuntressLocs
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/huntresslocs
    Challenges: 1 Year 1 Product Started-Nov 2009 - Finished Nov 2010- Shampoo with T/Gel once every two weeks

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because of NP, I haven't made many mistakes. However, before I became a proud member of NP, I started my first set of locz with the thought that I couldn't wash my hair for 6 weeks. Lord have mercy...I made it to 4 weeks and then said I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. I felt like things were crawling in my head. YUCK! Please...my loc brothas and sistahs wash your hair.
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

sm116 Guest

Mistake w/ first set (comb coils) - Not washing. I didn't know any better. After about 2 weeks I was ready to stick my head in the toilet... anything to relieve the itching and get rid of that gel crap that was coating my hair. Lesson learned is that if I went that route, I'd have to get used to retwisting. I got better at it over time.

Mistake with 2nd and 3rd set - Taking them out! I should have kept one or both. I'd have beautiful, BSL locs by now. Oh well... hindsight is 20/20. Maybe this set will work. Starting a lot smaller so we'll see if that ends up being a mistake. Love thick locs, but thin seem to look more full.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting my locs too small. i combines each and every one of them. now i have uneven parts!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My only mistake is not covering my locs before bed. Sometimes I just cant take it and just need to be free. But I am getting there. Instead of not cover for 5 days I only not cover for 2 and soon they will be cover all the time at night.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

please dont make the dreadful mistake of putting heavy product (black gel) on locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ she has some good videos but she's always talking about how you need a loctitian or a professional for locs. I think that's ridiculous. I think that's a mistake.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply; willing is not enough, you must do. -Bruce Lee

The power of the white world is threatened whenever a black man refuses to accept the white world's definitions.
    James A. Baldwin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast