No redirecting traffic

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think it is cheating at all. So if you do shave your head but wear head wraps until it is 3" (hypothetical length) then you didn't go natural correctly? doesn't make sense to me. I did transition but not because I did not like short hair (I have had short hair many times before). I made the decision to stop relaxing and to stop being tortured by hair dressers (very, very tender headed). I cut of the relaxed hair every month or so by the end of it all I had about 4" which is not exactly long hair.

I think going natural is different for everybody and there is not a wrong way to do it.
    "You Tied that thing up outside?" said Kepler. "What if he got hungry and ate a mailman or a kindergarten class or something? The least you could do is tie a decent knot." Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right Amirah. I am transitioning (for another 13 days lol) and I have never said to anyone "oh i'm natural now" bc I know for a fact I am not. I have relaxed ends, why play myself with that statement lol. Most people ask me what transitioning is like and I tell them what it is for me. I always state "probably in a year or at most 15 mos I will be all natural and get these scraggly ends cut off" As of JUNE 17 I will be all natural!! whoooooooooohoooooooo!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think transitioning is cheating because I think that it requires an amount of patience and skill that BCing does not require. The word "cheating" implies that somethings easy and I would say that transitioning is anything but that . I also don't understand how having short/no hair signifies being more connected to yourself if the hair is yours anyway . I BC'd down to 1 inch of hair, and although I loved every step, if I had to do it again, I would try to transition for at least a over a year. Also a couple of my hair idols transitioned for 2 years+ and they retained insane amounts of hair while doing it.
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not cheating...transitioning and the big chop both get you to the same place, all-natural hair.
    Last edited by lin19lyn; 06-05-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Impy! is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easy way out.
    to each their own

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, transitioning is not cheating. It gives a person time to learn how to work with their real texture while gradually cutting off the stringy ends.

tip757 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate short hair, in my opinion its not versitile. Rocking a low cut was out of the question for me. Just because you hate short hair and transitiob for a couple of years does not make you a cheater. Its just that simple, some people prefer a twa while others prefer a BAA.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is neither a game nor a contested war. While transitioning, I got stabbed up, had locs for a year, beat a murder case, wrote a couple of books, wrote dozens of songs, quit smoking, got rid of toxic associates, helped half a dozen young black males avoid getting themselves fried over a nationally sensationalized "child rape" that never happened.

It's not cheating and people who choose otherwise are not more hardcore than I am. I had other things to worry about and did just fine without making a choice hastily, in that regard. I've faced real judges and life or death decisions, if folks want to make up rules for transitioning, so be it. However, for now, it's not a game and when it's war, I'm going to win.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope, I don't consider it as 'cheating'. It's SUPPOSED to be getting back to one's natural texture. It's not a permanent phase.

But I do make the face when people talk about transitioning or being 'natural' and they're still making their hair straight, because in my opinion they're NOT, and I just find it to be confusing and illogical.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast