Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default HELP!!! Loss of Curls

I have been natural about 1 year. My hair is short. I normally wear a co-wash and go style. Two weeks ago I had my hair dyed (to cover gray) which I have done before. For some reason when I attempted my wash and go -- there were no curls. Currently I have no curl pattern at all. Was this caused by the dye and if so - How do I get the curls back? My basic routine (I have changed it a few times) I use Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Conditioner. (I would leave it in). I also use a mixture of shea butter and coconut oil) About once a week I wash with Carol's Daughter Rosemary Mint Purifying Shampoo. The week before I had my hair dyed, I tried the Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel to help define the curls. It seemed to dry my hair out so I only used it once. This week I have tried 2 strand twists with Miss Jessies Curly Pudding. When I take the twist down I just have soft hair. How do I/Can I get my curls back????

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like you have sensitive hair like me. I had hi-lites put in a couple years ago and all the hi-lited hair was instantly straight and I have been cutting it off my SLs. Your hair could be over-processed, in that case your curl pattern may never return. By no means am I an expert, just going off my own experience and what happened to me.
    Good luck and browse the forums for help.
    ~iAMyhair~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A protein treatment always works wonders to reestablish my curl pattern after I color. I have natural hair except I bleach and wair my hair straight (flatironed) for weeks. Sometimes that makes my hair resistant to revert back. But after a protein treatment I use nexus emergency, then whatever deep moisturizing conditioner you would use, and cap it for 30 minutes to an hour.