Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Time for yarn braids again...

The first time I did it I used Red Heart yarn in black and it turned out alright. This time I'm going to try for a softer, better quality yarn and I plan on making them about bra strap length this time round. This is just an idea but I think I want to use henna on my hair and the yarn after I do it this time so that the color will blend better. Before in the light you could see just how dark the yarn looked against my actual hair braided in but if I henna the whole thing a week after doing it, everything will be a sort of dark dark dark red. When I had my braids in before I would wash my hair one every three days and it did get a little fuzzy but still looked okay so I think henna will work out nicely. Is anyone else trying yarn braids right now?
    Yeah. I said it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently taking out a set of YB. I did henna about a week bf i installed them and I washed them weekly and took very good care of them.

Fast forward to now, my hair has TONS of splits. I think had to do with the yarn being so drying (I used RH yarn ). IT was odd that I had so many splits cuz I am a HUGE braid wearer and hardly have this issue.

Love the way yb look, but I cant deal with the damage it gave me. I dont think the henna helped the issue either.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have yarn braids in right now. BSL. I've done it before and didn't experience any damage but I'll be extra careful this time. I plan to leave them in for 6 - 8 weeks (so until the end of September at the latest).
    BC'd: June 14th 2010! // Twitter // Blog

Go PANK. DO IT!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time I've ever experienced serious split ends was when I washed my head with a bar of dial soap. The last time I did yarn braids I gained a tiny amount of length over the course of like three months but not long after I took them down that length broke off. I think I'm going to keep these in for about two months then I'll just buy new yarn and switch it out. Considering how much I spent on synthetic weave the one day I purchased it as opposed to how much I spent on this good quality yarn I'll never use fake hair again.
    Yeah. I said it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stealing gifs for a special purpose:

BECOME PANK!! ยก Gif-n-go