Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I want my curls back!

Hello everyone, I have naturally curly, like straw curls hair. I typically don't relax it unless its a comb through for a hairstyle. About 10 weeks ago I cut it very short and the beautician put Mizani for sensitive scalp in it just to retain the straight hairstyle for a moment. I just wanted her to comb the relaxer through just to kill the frizz and relax the curls a little because I do love wearing my natural hair often. Well, my hair is still born straight and its beginning to depress me. How long does this crap last? Or should I cut it all off and start over? I can attest to one thing, this perm is great if you want your hair straight for a long period of yime. Help please!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by showard79 View Post
    Hello everyone, I have naturally curly, like straw curls hair. I typically don't relax it unless its a comb through for a hairstyle. About 10 weeks ago I cut it very short and the beautician put Mizani for sensitive scalp in it just to retain the straight hairstyle for a moment. I just wanted her to comb the relaxer through just to kill the frizz and relax the curls a little because I do love wearing my natural hair often. Well, my hair is still born straight and its beginning to depress me. How long does this crap last? Or should I cut it all off and start over? I can attest to one thing, this perm is great if you want your hair straight for a long period of yime. Help please!!!!
    Mizani for Sensitive Scalp is a RELAXER. I don't care how they spell it on their site. (I'm ticked off at them. Not you.)

Hence the effects are permanent.

If you want to chop it now, you can. Or, you can choose to transition. The choice is yours.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, relaxers are permanent so the straightened hair will never be naturally curly again. If you want to get rid of the perm, you'll have to cut it.

~~C~~O~~T~~T~~O~~N~~C~~R~~O~~W~~N~~

“The beauty of a girl can’t be mimicked, fabricated, or created by human means. It only occurs naturally.” ~~Pam Callaghan

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cut it off and start over.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Somewhere in Ohio where tornados are almost null and void
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with all of the above. If you would like your curls back, you're going to have to grow it out. You can try transitioning, or you can just cut it now Since it's a relaxer, your curls will never return to the part of your hair that had the chemical in it. Hope this helps

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WAit you relaxed your hair and now you're wondering why it's not curly? I'm confused.

Anyway, this isn't what this site is about, we do not support use of chemicals or heat for any purpose. I say this not to just quote rules, but to say that to me some of the things you said in your original post sound contradictory. We're about wearing hair 100% natural so if that's what you're trying to do then we're here to help. But if you're still experimenting on ways to alter the texture of your hair then we're not the spot for that.

In any event, chemicals treatments are permanent - even the quick comb throughs - so once it's in your hair it's there until you either grow or cut it out. If you had some comb through still in your hair and then she did this Mizani treatment that's probably why your curls just relaxed all the way out cos your hair has had overlapping processes at this point. It was a chemical double service basically.
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claire76 View Post
    Mizani for Sensitive Scalp is a RELAXER. I don't care how they spell it on their site. (I'm ticked off at them. Not you.)
    ^Really, Mizani?? Tryna to be slick.

OP: You'd mentioned that your hair is very short. Go on ahead and cut again to start over.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by showard79 View Post

Showard,
    Seeing that this is your first post on Nappturality.com, please know that we do not advocate perming or adding any adverse chemicals to your natural hair. Nappturality.com is a place where we embrace our natural hair and all that comes with it.
    Become PANK or BLUE!!!! Ask me how!