Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default All my natural hair sistas, what products to use to moisturize a blowout?

All my natural hair sistas, what products to use to moisturize a blowout during the week?
    I want to do a blowout next year and I want to know! What can I use to moisturize my hair during the week of my blowout? Because I know if I use water it probably will revert back! So ladies help me, what products can I use to moisturize a blowout during the week without my hair reverting back so quickly?

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you stretch your hair via braids or twists for a stretched look, you can use the same products you normally use.

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How about water along with leave in?

So you mean to tell me, If I put water on my hair, the curls want revert back?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd go with shea moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. it's light and moisturizing but not as 'wet" as some moisturizers.
    I'm loving my APL afro-texured fro!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any product you add that has water in its first five ingredients is going to cause the curls to come back (and shrink the size). So technically you can't "moisturize" a blowout if you want it to retain its length. You can twist or braid dampened hair and let it dry overnight so that you can keep some of the stretch when you take the twists or braids out, but it won't look exactly the same.

What you can do is "lubricate" by using an oil, a butter, an oil-based leave-in, or some other product where water is a lesser ingredient.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!