Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. I agree. When I experience those I roll them between my index finger and thumb when I think about it. This will help to smooth them out. I do that to try to ensure that they don't get too big to go through the base during my retights. You could also palm roll. That creates cylindrical smooth locks. It's not that big a deal to me. Each loc has it's own unique pattern going on and I'm ok with that. You may want to be careful with the amount of oils you use until your locs mature too. I have read that too much can cause those lumpy areas. After the matrix or center of the loc is mature you can go to town with the oil and not be concerned with any negative effects to your developing locs. That can be a challenge when trying to maintain moisture but well worth the effort if you don't want those lumps and bumps. Oh, be sure to pull all the way through when you interlock because as you mentioned that is more then likely what caused your issue anyway. Peace and Blessings.
    Last edited by Onnica; 11-10-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Onnica, i just rolled the biggest one and it smoothed right on out, came right down to the size of one of the buds I have, looks the same too. I do slack up on the oils too, I have a bottle with mostly water, and a drop of juices and berries and tea trea oil, i just use it when i twist and tuck my hair at night.I'm really getting my tightening steps down good, I'm pulling tight and my hair is progressing well, I just love it. Thanks for all your help. Be Blessed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All.@galeb. I'm glad to hear that worked for you. Is'nt it wonderful doing your own retights? Think of all the money you save doing your own locs. They make so much money. I plan to make some of it too. I will take a natural hair class next year.I want to learn all of the different loc'in techniques so I can be diverse. I especially want to help people learn to properly care for their natural hair no matter if they are loose or loc'd.May you have continued success on your journey. Keep us posted. Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is wonderful, I'm now 4 months in and haven't spent more than $20, and that was for lock loops and oils that I dilute with lots of water. LOL. I previously bought my nappy lock tool and a starter kit before I got my hair braided. I must be doing something right cause my daughter and a friend at work are talking about doing braidlocs, not as small as mine though and I'm the only one they have ever seen with them. I told them both that I would walk them through. Right now, I'm in the budding, frizzy stage with all those crazy hair balls. Take that class girl, and fill us with all that knowledge, i'm sure you will be a good teacher, you sure have helped me. I'm loving this journey and can't wait till I see my progress in a few more months. Be blessed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All. Thx. I will keep you all in the loop as to my natural hair care class. I will need the support and the encouragement. I won't be in it just for the money. That's a blessed reward but I want to earn every dime I make and deserve every dime I make. Meaning doing a very good job on the clients head so they will want to sit in my chair and tell others to sit in it also. I am so excited to get started with the classes and be on my merry way on that new path. I need to step up my own loc game so I can be my own advertisement. Lord willing I will get started next year mid summer. Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone, I've been loc'd for almost two years (Jan 2012). This is my second set of locs. I love them!!! I struggle with keeping them because I like to change up my style very often. Lately I have been debating combing them out. But that is sooo not what I want to do!!! I would love to have a loc buddy!!!

~Sunkissed

Jess82 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like this thread is mostly for women with new locks, but I've been locked for 4 years and would like to have a virtual lock buddy, because I don't know many women with locks in real life.
    Locks started on April 23rd 2010.

8. Likes Lockolatte liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jess. Feel free to contact me if you want to. I am not in Canada, but we can talk locks online.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234