Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm officially a semi freeform girl now. I noticed that my roots were thinning in a few areas in the back so my initial goal was to wash and retwist once a month. After one round of that, I decided to extend the retwist periods to once every two months with washes in between as needed. I'm seeing improvement with the thinning areas AND I'm enjoying the freedom of less frequent retwists. I'm not going to make it to 8 full weeks this time bc of the holiday. But 7 wks is still great!
    My Album - http://public.fotki.com/Swthoney

PW - Authentically Me

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Semi Freeformers

I loc every 5-6 months....
    BC - 1996
    Locs -12/04
    2 - 5 inch trims
    Current -WL/TB

Blessings, Wiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started my second set of locs and plan to semi-freeform. If I twist or palm roll at all within this first year, it will be in the Spring. On my first set of locs (I had them for 5 years), I retwisted and palm rolled every 4-5 weeks. I didn't have any problems with thinning or anything, but right now I'm at the point where I need a VERY low-maintenance day-to-day situation with my hair and constantly manipulating my loose hair is doing a number on my edges and the front of my hair (my back seems to be much more durable). I got two small boys and homeschool them FT, so I don't feel like spending hours on my hair (especially once they start getting long) even if it's just one day a month or, heck, every couple of months. So it came down to a TWA or some kind of freeform locs. I've always wanted to loc again anyway, so I chose locs. The idea of just washing, conditioning, separating the locs and being done is so appealing to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they turn out.
    BC: Spring 2000

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Padme32 View Post
    Just started my second set of locs and plan to semi-freeform. If I twist or palm roll at all within this first year, it will be in the Spring. On my first set of locs (I had them for 5 years), I retwisted and palm rolled every 4-5 weeks. I didn't have any problems with thinning or anything, but right now I'm at the point where I need a VERY low-maintenance day-to-day situation with my hair and constantly manipulating my loose hair is doing a number on my edges and the front of my hair (my back seems to be much more durable). I got two small boys and homeschool them FT, so I don't feel like spending hours on my hair (especially once they start getting long) even if it's just one day a month or, heck, every couple of months. So it came down to a TWA or some kind of freeform locs. I've always wanted to loc again anyway, so I chose locs. The idea of just washing, conditioning, separating the locs and being done is so appealing to me. I'm really looking forward to seeing how they turn out.
    I am looking forward to seeing your progress also, I wish I would have started with freeform locs, I really love the non- manicured look.
    BC - 1996
    Locs -12/04
    2 - 5 inch trims
    Current -WL/TB

Blessings, Wiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Likes Padme32 liked this post
    Raxxie is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QUEENOFDA706 View Post
    Does anyone else have the problem of breakage when they don't twist enough?
    my edges along the sides had issues with breakage the longer i went without latching... that's where all my really fine hairs are so i had to do one rotation on those (just finger latching). I also tuck the loose hairs under the locs as they poke out. I LOVE the puffy, wavy new growth

i've decided to semi-freeform though. I need to stop latching as often as i was. it was something of a nervous habit
    Last edited by Raxxie; 04-17-2015 at 04:36 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456