Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Transitioning for 2 months, college starts soon :/

Hey, I was just wondering if you knew any protective styles that would be best for me going away to university? I'm no good with doing my hair at all, and my hair is pretty short. Once I'm gone to school, I won't be able to get it done for about four months (when I'm back at home). Any ideas?

I haven't had a relaxer in about two months...and I'm totally lost right now..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have choices: you can do Braids, extensions or you can start locing your hair. If it's short your lucky. You can do the towel rub method. You can do your own maintenance. It's basically using a washing cloth to twist your hair. Look it up on youtube. You only have to be careful not to twist too tight.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you need to "do" your hair if it's "pretty short"? Maybe I don't understand what you mean about the length. Can't you just...leave it as is?
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I transitioned with microbraids. Well... I didnt get them small. Good luck :-)
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone! Well when I had a relaxer it was cut into an asymmetrical bob, so I'm thinking to cut it all even. I don't know if I'd be comfortable with it really short o.O

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm transitioning also, and I've read that you can do two-strand twists, bantu knots, twist outs, and etc. There are plenty of styles out there you just have to look them up. Good luck on your journey. (=

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you all so much!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey Sweetie, I have a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Almost_Natural View Post
    Hey, I was just wondering if you knew any protective styles that would be best for me going away to university? I'm no good with doing my hair at all, and my hair is pretty short. Once I'm gone to school, I won't be able to get it done for about four months (when I'm back at home). Any ideas?

I haven't had a relaxer in about two months...and I'm totally lost right now..
    I have been natural for about 7 yrs. But I recently cut again my hair Is about ¾ of an inch. I wear it just like that. But if I want a change for a day or two I may put a wig on. I can’t put braids or weave in because I know myself… I will snatch them out in a day or so. Although I luve my napptural hair I find myself trying to give others a change in looking at me. But even that only last a day or two. I don’t try to pass a wig or a weave off as my own hair. So in a day or so off it comes.
    Don’t ask me why, I just do, So click on my sig and you will see how I am wearing it now. you will even see a few wigs I wear every now and then. The folder at the top is most recent. Good luck.