Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Transitioning hair salon in NJ

Hello Ladies,
    I'm hoping someone can help me out with finding a salon/stylist that works on transitioning hair. Currently I have my hair in braids and my "normal" regimen has been to wear braids for a couple of months, take them out, go to the Dominican shop for a wash deep condition, blowdry & flat iron for a couple weeks then put my hair back in braids. I haven't had a relaxer in over a year but I haven't had my BC either.

My current goal is to have my BC by next summer but between now & then I want to grow my hair as long as possible. I'm having some difficulty finding a salon because I find that either they only work on relaxed hair or 100% natural hair.

I live in Central Jersey (Woodbridge area) so some place close to that is ideal. I can't do NY because tolls are ridiculous and I know in order for my plan to work I'm gonna need to go to the salon on a regular basis. Any suggestions/insight would be great. TIA

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wanted to update and let anyone else know that's looking in this area that I ended up going to La Belle Fahm in Plainfield, NJ. The owner is Sandee and she is the only one that works there. She has a website and a facebook page. I want to say that I feel like she does a good job and I'm overall happy that I've been going to her. That being said, she worked out of a barber shop because her place caught on fire and now works out of her home. She also doesn't take credit cards. She also doesn't really have set prices, I kind of feel like she charges different people different prices. As for me, the first time I went I got a shampoo, deep conditioner, trim & rod set for $45 so I was like yes! Next time I went I got a shampoo, conditioner, rod set and it was $65. So I'm like um ok. Next two times I went my shampoo & conditioner & rod set was $55. Ok so the last time I went, she had moved from the barber shop and was in her own house. Now I thought because she was working out her home and there wasn't like any overhead from having to pay for a chair at the shop that the price would be a little cheaper. Nope. It was $65 for shampoo, conditioner, & rod set. Now I go every 2 weeks because that's how long my rod sets last. So now I'm going today to get my BC done. Not sure how much this is gonna cost but I figure this will be the last time I go to her for a while since I plan on just maintaining my own hair. Sooo final thoughts, while I do recommend her I would say that she's a tad expensive in my opinion and the last couple of times I've gotten the rod set, it hasn't lasted as long as usual.

3. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post