Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 4 out of 5 rating for Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Hair stats: Small, tight, definable coffee-stirrer-sized coils with lots of shrinkage; currently between 7-10" long. Natural almost 17 years.

Explanation of headline: This is, to date, the only styling product I've EVER used that defines my hair without crunch and gives incredible shine/sheen. By "define" I'm talking about both for WNGs (which I finally figured out how to do on longer hair without it looking weird) and twistouts/braidouts. I was given a sample some years ago and wasn't especially impressed, but then this past Christmas I was at my sister's and she let me borrow her KCCC along with KCKT, which I'd never used before. Following the instructions as well as a YouTube tutorial (str8isis, whose hair texture is looser than mine) gave me the most incredible WNG on longer hair that I'd ever had.

For ME PERSONALLY the KCKT/KCCC combo is the ticket, but that's one reason why I won't give this 5 stars: I can't really get KCCC to work as well with a different leave-in. Another reason is that on WNGs the definition is a little too good in that my coils shrink all-the-way-DOWN...which is fine if I'm going for that but I find a heavier-weight gel like Eco Styler helps offset the shrinkage more. (I realize that's not KCCC's fault...my hair is just so lightweight it needs heavier products if I want hang time.) It's true that you don't need a whole lot; it's also true that it's a little tricky to work with, which is ANOTHER reason why it doesn't get 5 stars from me. Given the price point and the fact that it takes practice to use, Kinky-Curly should consider packaging with its products a little insert with some links to video tutorials. However, in my case (and once I figured it out), the cost-per-use makes it quite affordable.

Would I buy it again? Probably. It's going to take me a while to get through this jar though...

2. Likes foreverfruitful liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a good product, although It did take me some time to get the amount of custard right.