Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I dont know...

I have a problem. I've been transitioning for three months now and my hair looks a hot mess. I really want to big chop but the thing thats stopping me is that i have keloids on my ears and i like to keep them covered up. I dont know what to do because i really want to big chop but once my hair is short i cant cover my ears. I dont like braids or weaves, never really have. I really hate dealing with the two textures and just want to start fresh. Im so fustrated, i dont know what to do...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Sis! Eventually you will need to cut the hair. Even with a long term transition it can be tricky to maintain the 2 hair types and avid breakage. IMO I always say BC. When you do that you really get to know yourself.

HTH and GL!
    Last hit of creamy crack: 11/24/09
    BC: 10/26/2010
    Staples: Shealoe, EVOO, CO, Jojoba oil, HE HH, Avg

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats on embracing this phase of your own hair journey.

Depending upon where they are on your ears and how comfortable you are with providing yourself with first aid and keeping the site sanitized, you may be able to utilize a tourniquet routine to kill the keloids.

From there, you'd have a risk of them coming back for a while until fully healed perhaps. Once they've fallen off, though (could take anywhere from a week to a month or so) you should be able to move on to your BC and/or next hurdle.

If you're not comfortable with treating yourself, you can avail yourself of professional medical treatment (even surgical perhaps). The risk of recurrence is outstanding in those options too and I'm unfamiliar with any followup treatments should that be the case.

You're always at liberty to acclimate to and embrace your keloids, while you are also presented with an opportunity to perhaps learn more about that scar tissue and how you might kick off the proper healing of those wound sites.

If you're going to seek or provide yourself with "alternative" treatment, I would also like to strongly suggest you take the time to educate yourself and make your decisions based on risk analysis and intelligence rather than any fervor to stuff down your insecurities.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 01-23-2013 at 04:34 PM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you should try to get used to having them out by keeping your hair off your ears? They are there no matter what you do, at least have some control over how it happens. And as for those who will stare, after a while they will move on or you yourself will stop noticing them. Good luck.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

5. Likes MissChelle liked this post