Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Sprangz

Have you tried these? If so, please post reviews, pictures, feedback....I'm thinking about purchasing but just saw a video about them. thanks!

SPRANGZ

2. Thanks kinkykhick thanked for this post
    Likes Soul Rebel liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LBell had mentioned watching cynthiarf about Sprangz...and she's wanting to try them. Don't know if she has...

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/sh...02#post2719302

4. Thanks KnottyAuthor, kinkykhick thanked for this post
    Likes olympia621 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnottyAuthor View Post
    Have you tried these? If so, please post reviews, pictures, feedback....I'm thinking about purchasing but just saw a video about them. thanks!

SPRANGZ
    Hair weights. Pretty nifty. I'm afraid I'd need to order at least 5 packs if I wanted to use them. Still I think I'm going to try it. I'm a PJ at heart and I like supporting our entrepreneurs.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

6. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks OHR! Actually it was LBs post that led me on the 'hunt' and I like her vibe-so I would like to support her. But, I want more feedback from others. See, I don't want it to be another hair tool thing that I find useless after I try a time or two. I've been using my goodie clips (from Meijers) to weigh my hair down while it dries. So....I'm balancing the advantages of the Sprangz vs what Im doing.....I may support her anyway-but would like to see some pics/videos of creative ways to wear them out and about and post style etc. ya know?
    Last edited by KnottyAuthor; 03-30-2013 at 04:18 PM.

8. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still working on the Fotki album -- the photos I have aren't the best plus at the end of next month I'm moving to a place where I'll have better lighting -- but I'll sum up my experience so far as follows:

I've been using Sprangz since January. I got one pack of the classic size and am about to order a second pack because a) I want a backup set in case I lose this one and b) there are 10 Sprangz in a set but I think for faster drying time I could stand to have about 12-14. This is based on my particular hair density; others may differ. I will say my hair, while thick, isn't anywhere near as thick as Cynthia's.

When I say I'm doing a kinda-sorta WNG these days, the "kinda-sorta" part is the Sprangz step. There is a learning curve involved in using them but I recommend Cynthia's method of insertion. In fact, I basically use it the same way she uses it in her video. I insert them near my scalp in the beginning, and then as the hair begins to dry I move them down the section. Most times I apply KCKT and KCCC to wet hair prior to insertion so right now it takes a good 8 hours for my hair to air-dry completely in the Sprangz (hence the "kinda-sorta", lol). If I use a different product combo (e.g. oil and Eco Styler) it takes a little less. If I don't use gel at all it definitely takes less. Again, I want to try using a few more Sprangz to see if the hair will dry faster. I have yet to blow-dry with them in.

Currently my hair is somewhere between 8 and 11 inches long and shrinks between 50 and 85 percent. By today's definition it is mostly 4b -- small but definable coffee-stirrer size coils that stretch out into spirals when the Sprangz are used. The entire point of Sprangz is that they let your hair dry stretched but they stretch your hair into a pattern that's unique to your own texture. Unlike the results given by twists, braids, banding, etc. the stretched texture looks very natural, for lack of a better word.

These two pics represent two different WNGs done at different times. Both of these are of completely dry hair. The first is a KCKT/KCCC WNG done without Sprangz; I'm mostly looking directly at the camera and I took this earlier this month. The second is a oil/GF Pure Clean gel WNG done with Sprangz; my head is tilted down slightly and I took this earlier last month. Like I said, after I move I will try to take better pictures. In the meantime I can try to answer any questions here...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	noSprz dry 2.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	9522

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GF WNG.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	10.8 KB 
ID:	9523
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've ordered 2 packs: large and small. Can't wait to try!
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

11. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered two packs, Lbell you hair looks pretty darn awesome

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

13. Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree...Im about to place that order ma'self...but pls comeback to post your pics and experiences! I want some creative ideas to go out and about with them in my head this summer, lol! Aint' nobody got time for waiting for hair to dry! smh.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, Cerendipity!

KnottyAuthor
    , the drying time isn't due to the Sprangz per se but my particular hair type and density and the products I use. My hair holds on to water pretty tight...I also keep a fairly cold house in the winter (62 degrees). Add to that the fact that the KCKT/KCCC combo tends to be slow-drying in general.

I have a blow dryer and I keep meaning to practice using it with the Sprangz to speed up drying. I just haven't gotten to it yet plus blow-drying bugs...I don't do it very often because it usually takes at least an hour and that's with just regular products and no Sprangz, lol.

Also, I think a hooded dryer would work really well; in fact there's a YouTube video currently out that shows Sprangz being used in a salon. (I'd post the link but I think it might get me in trouble with the mods; suffice to say it's an advertisement for a salon that promises "hair revitalization" for type 4 hair in different states.)

I view these like curlers -- they're kind of the anti-curler, actually -- which means I'll never wear them out in public. That's just a personal thing that my mama taught me. In the summertime though I might consider wearing them in the (fenced) backyard on a hot sunny day...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

16. Thanks KnottyAuthor thanked for this post
    Likes KnottyAuthor liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha! Yeh, I dont think I could do the public thing either....lol...We are a creative people!
    And Im still anti-heat...I just cain't for so many reasons. I have a hooded dryer but use it for DCs only I've dried out my hair in the past even with those...thanks for the discussion! and feedback LB!! Off to find that video!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast