Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Storing makeup in a kaboodle...And what!?: Random Beauty Thoughts

Title inspired by Meagans post in the last thread.

Speaking of which I need to get on my makeup storage game. My little pink makeup bag can't cut it anymore.

Maybelline's Color Sensational High Shine glosses are giving me life! I purchased one a few months ago and liked it so much that I recently bought two more in different shades (Raspberry Reflections and Plum Luster). Amazing colour pay off and not drying. Yes ma'am!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^A suggestion on where to store your makeup: try a plastic tackle box. It doesn't take up very much space, you can lock it closed, and when it's dirty, you can wash by hand, then rinse in your shower.

3. Thanks healthy thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awww! I had a Kaboodle in the '80s. The tackle box is a good idea.

I'm liking Sephora's Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencils. A variety of pigmented, long-lasting colors. Sad part is that they're only available online, at least where I live. I bought my first ones when I was in Las Vegas.

http://www.sephora.com/high-pigment-...?skuId=1321645

Another nice thing is that they're skin-friendly (no parabens, etc.)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know where I can find L'Oreal's HIP eyeshadows...they've seemed to have disappeared from store shelves.
    Last edited by OHR; 08-08-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by meagan22; 08-12-2013 at 03:10 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

~I purchased not one but three velvet matte lip pencils from NARS.com a couple weeks ago. *sigh* I didn't intend to spend THAT much money at once...oh well. I LOVE the colors I chose though.

~Lip pencils and shadow pencils seem to be my go-to on those days when I am pressed for time. And they're much easier to travel with.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meagan22 View Post
    I'm glad that more people are using YT to help step up their makeup game but at the same time I almost feel like it's leading to an overall...dragificaction (not a real word but I'm using it anyway) of makeup. Like, on one hand pretty much anything we wear could be considered drag because we all play different roles in our lives and dress for the "part" (or many people at least try to). Also, grown folks are always free to define and cultivate their personal aesthetic as they see fit. At the same time I wonder what this trend toward hyper-painted faces and hyper styled hair/wigs/weaves speaks to sociologically and culturally. Beyond personal preferences what makes this specific type of drag good (or possibly even necessary) for the times we live in?
    Quote Originally Posted by meagan22 View Post
    I'm glad that more people are using YT to help step up their makeup game but at the same time I almost feel like it's leading to an overall...dragificaction (not a real word but I'm using it anyway) of makeup. Like, on one hand pretty much anything we wear could be considered drag because we all play different roles in our lives and dress for the "part" (or many people at least try to). Also, grcown folks are always free to define and cultivate their personal aesthetic as they see fit. At the same time I wonder what this trend toward hyper-painted faces and hyper styled hair/wigs/weaves speaks to sociologically and culturally. Beyond personal preferences what makes this specific type of drag good (or possibly even necessary) for the times we live in?
    Agreed completely. Why are women wearing evening makeup in the daytime? I mean full blown, full-face makeup instead of light daytime makeup. It looks so out of place; it's like wearing a ballgown to the grocery store.

Socially it speaks for the over-consumerism that people have bought into. I think about how much is being spent yearly just on makeup yet many of the same people say they don't have enough to invest for retirement. Also; when did the culture change where wearing makeup was no longer meant for special occasions?

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

9. Likes Sohful1, bigpuff 02 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTH? For some reason I thought this thread was closed when I started mine Thanks for merging them Mods.

11. Likes Moderator Q liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think there are always exceptions to the rules with "night makeup" being worn in the morning. if you're a makeup artist or anything similar...it's okay because that is your craft. and i dont do it now anymore, but i used to have "dress up fridays" where i would wear some makeup and style my hair - it was a way to add some excitement to my 9-5 work life...i dont think all people who beat their face on the regular have insecurity problems..but i can imagine those who do.

but i just dont have it in me to wear caked-up makeup that makes me look like someone completely different on the regular. it's like...why am i going out like this? i'm fooling everyone! to each their own though. and i think this is what many ppl think about those who wear makeup all the time:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast