Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Dandruff??

Hey Ladies. I am writing this to you all because I have decided to embark on a new hair journey. However, I have no idea how I am going to get there because of my dandruff issue.

I have dandruff in my head that was itching soooo bad I was weak from it. When I went in the middle of my head it was mounds of dandruff. Scratching it felt soooooo good. I realized when I washed on my hair, I would deep condition it with Lekair's deep conditioner. It works really well for softening my hair, but since I started buying the CVS version of Selsun Blue (A sistah is broke okay!) I have been washing my hair twice a week and it feels soooo much better. I cannot go an entire week without washing my hair.

It started when I took my locs down. I was DCing with ORS Hair Mayo. I would see yellow large things of dandruff maybe one or two in my head right in the spot it was itching. and thought it was the ORS that made it yellow and itch. I was washing and DCing and my hair would be itching right after. I'm like I just washed and DCed my hair why is it still itching? So I stopped using it.

Then I started using Lekair, and Queen Helene sometimes. My hair wasn't itching as bad. But I did notice that week by week that I could not go but so long (Under a week) without the itch. The end of June came, and I washed my hair Friday and by Monday my hair was iiiiiitching. So I decided to take a look. Oh Lawd! It was a lot of dandruff, no wonder it was itching soooo bad. The last time this happened was when I was younger and I had to go to the ER for it. I started washing my hair with Selsun Blue twice a week as the doctor ordered and I was fine. He just said it was dandruff.

This time I ran to CVS and bought the CVS version as I had stated above. It doesn't itch anymore and I realized I could only go a few days without washing my hair. Three is the max before I get an itch and a small bit of dandruff which means I have to change up my entire routine. I apply my leave in conditioner Suave Almond and Shea Butter and seal with Olive Oil on the LAST 75% of my hair. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING touches my scalp.

Ladies and Gents:

How do you DC when you have this issue? I am not sure what it is but I WILL be visiting a Dermatologist to find out what is going on. I want to wear box braids soooo bad right now, but I can't do anything until I see a Dermatologist to find out what the heck is going on. I found something that works, but I still need to figure out what it is going on with my scalp.

How do I DC when I have this issue. I use a heating cap and I don't want any DC to get on my scalp whatsoever.
    Last Relaxer March 2010.
    BCed Jan 5th 2011.
    Locked Jan 5th 2011.
    Loose Napp Now.
    Will be embarking on my sisterlock journey soon!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This sounds soooooo like my hair/scalp used to be.

Prior to locing, I discovered ACV (apple cider vinegar) I started using it (diluted) as a final rinse, EVERY wash. It took about 18 months to clear the dandruff completely, but I noticed a difference within a few weeks. From 3 day post wash dandruff it gradually crept up to a longer and longer delay before the dandruff appeared.

I still use it once or twice a month to keep the dandruff at bay. I recently went a whole 3 weeks without washing (was ill) and only had the slightest itching and only the tiniest bit of dandruff in a patch at the front. From huge flakes 3 days after shampooing to a little dusting of dandruff after 3 weeks of not washing. ACV for the win!

DeBe

3. Likes Beautifully Human liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started noticing dandruff and mad itchies in my scalp a few months ago as well. I used to use ACV a few years ago but stopped. I went right back to it to help with the dandruff and I've noticed a huge difference. I barely have itchy scalp or dandruff. I use it as a final rinse as well I think you should give the ACV rinse a try for a few weeks and see what happens. I've been using it once a week since my scalp started acting up but will eventually cut back to once every other wash when I feel like it's back under total control.
    Last edited by Beautifully Human; 07-06-2013 at 07:02 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the DC last night on the last 75% of my hair. I have no itchies nor dandruff yet. I left it on for 20 mins instead of the usual 30 mins to an hour.

When I use the ACV rinse, will my hair smell like Vinegar afterwards? I used to use the ACV rinses on my Locs, and I could smell the ACV on my hair afterwards, but no one else could smell it, but my hair was twisted up. Now my hair is loose, will it make a difference?

Thanks
    Last Relaxer March 2010.
    BCed Jan 5th 2011.
    Locked Jan 5th 2011.
    Loose Napp Now.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have loose hair and use acv maybe twice monthly as a final rinse. I don't rinse afterwards and whatever vinegar smell there might be dissipates as it dries.

7. Likes Beautifully Human, aaran liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you rinse after you shampoo or after you DC?
    Last Relaxer March 2010.
    BCed Jan 5th 2011.
    Locked Jan 5th 2011.
    Loose Napp Now.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've done both. Again, it's what you prefer.

added benefit:
    The pH of the vinegar helps the hair cuticle lay flat...so it feels smoother and (at least for me) my hair products work better.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-signing with OHR. I also have loose hair and I use it as a final rinse after I've shampooed and detangled my hair in the shower. Once I've poured the mixture over my hair and massage it into my scalp for a bit I do a final final rinse under the shower. Once this is done, the smell will usually dissipate in a matter of minutes. I definitely doesn't linger in my hair. I've never done an ACV rinse after a DC. I do them only after I shampoo, but it's up to you.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh...almost forgot. I've taken to rinsing/pouring the acv mixture over my hair several times (up to 20x !, 'cause I'm obsessed lol) into a small plastic tub to catch the liquid, scoop it up and repeat. I will massage my scalp well throughout.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need help what should i do?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast