Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default shampoo dreds1111??

How do I shampoo my dreds and what shampoo should I use? How often should I wash my hair?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the maturity of your locs, your prefered maintenance frequency and what products you currently use in your hair. Those questions will get you very wide ranging questions depending on who answers because some, like me, do as little as possible whereas others have very elaborate loc maintenance regimens. I suggest you explore the pinned topics and subforums, you will surely find some answers that will lead you to find what works for you.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wash with a no residue shampoo to help me control buildup. Then I retwist with loc butter and a oil to put on my scalp. But do your research and continue to read and experiment to find what is best for you. Good Luck!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All. I need moisture during these winter months but I want to avoid the wet head. Do those loc butters help with moisture? I keep reading that the oils are more for sealing in moisture and not for providing moisture. I am very concerned about avoiding crunchy dry locs without using water daily as a spritz. I have never tried the butters. I have plenty of oils though. I even have a lot of products that I had before I loc'ed. It would be economical to use those before purchasing new ones. Unless it is a need and a must have. Also,since when are oils not moisturizing? I wonder if that's for all of us or does it depend on the texture of hair? I mean if you oil your skin after it drys it still responds to the moisturizing effect and I'm just wondering why the hair shaft would not do the same. If the cutical is open for the oil, water, grease or whatever product should get in there and penetrate. This makes sense to me but I am open to learn otherwise.I'm open to and want further information. I do use oil to seal after shampooing and I agree with that working. I just also think it could and should be used in other ways to get the moisturizing job done. Thx. Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shampoo with whatever shampoo I want diluted in a little water to cut down on the amount of product needed to cover my whole head and to help make it easier for the shampoo solution to penetrate my locs. I shampoo weekly.
    I consider my locs to be fairly soft. Not sure if that's because they're only a year and half old or what, but the only way I moisturize is by spritzing my hair daily or at least after it's dried a bit once freshly washed. The spritz contains a little Cantu Shea Butter Conditioner (like a spoonful), 3 drops of Lavendar oil (I like the way it smells), a splash of whatever oil I'd like, and the rest is warm water (it's only warm when I mix this).
    My hair only seems dry to me if I go much longer than a week between washes. Hopefully you've got a routine by now, but here's my two cents. Good luck. =)
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube