Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default My First Pipe Cleaner Set

Hi All. Last week I did my first curly set using pipe cleaners. I was a bit nervous because my locs are not very long yet and tight curls can really make your hair look a lot shorter. I washed my hair and did a rinse for gray coverage,used Ion leave-in conditioner and used my Green Tea, Aloe Vera and Honey mix to set. My head looked a mess! I see some of the utube videos where the ladies actually wear the pipe cleaners as a hairstyle for a few days. No way could I have pulled that off. However, the next day when I unraveled my locs and pulled them apart it was beautiful. I was very pleased. It only took me forty minutes to install and I was shaping the pipe cleaners as I went along. My locs are an inch above my bra straps and my curls were at the bottom of my neck. So they were very curly and tight but I did like them. I used three pipe cleaners to three to four locks. I think for the next time I will not roll all the length of the locs to create a looser curl. The curls stayed for eight straight days even through hot flashes,exercise and hot showers,even a little rain. I was scared my hair was getting too dry so I ended up using spritz and that was the end of my cute curls. I do reccommend and I will do again. Does anyone have any suggestions for moisture without using oil or water so I can hold onto my curly styles longer? I only like the feel of oil on my locs on wash day to seal in moisture. After the locs are dry it has an almost sticky feel to it that I do not care for. I have heard some peeps say that they wear their pipe cleaner styles for beyond three weeks. I would love that since I'm not one to wash my locs that often. Don't have dandruff or any itching nor sour smelly locs by not washing more often so I usually try not to go any longer then three weeks. For some that may be trifiling but it works for me.(LOL)

2. Likes Bithiya, fuzzy_slippers liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well first, congrats that they came out so well for you. But chile you caint roll up in the hair forum and tell us about your gorgeous do without posting some pictures, lol. Where dey at?
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

4. Likes Bithiya, Sohful1 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    I am not loc'd'; I am freeform, but am curious also.
    Please consider posting photos.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(LOL) I would luv to post some pics but I am lagging in the computer skills department. I have been trying to get my Avatar to show next to my post. I struggle but will not give up. Thx