Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CCmomof5 I think it's long and pretty now, just mho.
    True love begins with loving what you see in your mirror-Chanelle
    BC 05/28/10
    TL 6/21/13-TD 8/01/13
    SL 11/27/13
    http://www.naturallyc2u.com

2. Thanks CCmomof5 thanked for this post
    Likes au napptural liked this post
    Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi. They really give the everyday bun a finished polished look. By keeping all the stray hairs in place. My sister is a loose natural and uses them when she tucks her ponytails. If you try them make sure you get the invisible nets. You will barely see it once it's in place. Keep us posted. Peace and Blessings.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone whose hair just doesn't grow "long", I have had suggestions made to me to use Organic Root Stimulator, etc to "get my hair to grow". I have been natural for over 10 years and I have run the gamut from dooing stretched styles, to combing while dry, to moisturizing, to deep treatments, etc none of which was ideal. I finally made peace with my hair and even though it will always be "short" I am happy with it. Over the years I have been asked why I don't texturize, loc, twist, braid, pick out, etc my hair. I even had a lady who was wearing dreads ask me if I liked my hair "like that". At the time "like that" was a shrunken puff, and yes, I liked it and told her as much.I must say, though, that I am in a place right now where pretty much NO ONE mentions anything about my hair other than my husband. I also get the occasional compliment from my daughter, who says that she loves my hair. Truly, it is just a shrunken fro and itis really NOT that fascinating. It doesn't look unkempt, but then it's not a perfect microphone fro either. I just dampen it and finger fluff it into the desired shape daily. Trying to do what others "preferred" for me to do or even trying to do what I thought I "should" do to my hair since it was natural only led to me IRRITATING my scalp and inflaming my dermatitis. Once I learned the TRUE meaning of low-to-no manilpulation, my scalp was in heaven!As far as asking questions like that, I'm fairly certain that I have done it at some point in my PAST, but at least in the last two years (if not longer) I haven't really cared to ask someone why they don't do X, Y, or Z to their hair. I really just focus on doing what works for me.
    Visit my blog: fragilehaircare-gilroygal.blogspot.com
    I share about my natural hair happenings, lessons, and experiences.

5. Thanks nocaresorhair thanked for this post
    Likes nocaresorhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilroygal View Post
    As someone whose hair just doesn't grow "long", I have had suggestions made to me to use Organic Root Stimulator, etc to "get my hair to grow". I have been natural for over 10 years and I have run the gamut from dooing stretched styles, to combing while dry, to moisturizing, to deep treatments, etc none of which was ideal. I finally made peace with my hair and even though it will always be "short" I am happy with it. Over the years I have been asked why I don't texturize, loc, twist, braid, pick out, etc my hair. I even had a lady who was wearing dreads ask me if I liked my hair "like that". At the time "like that" was a shrunken puff, and yes, I liked it and told her as much.I must say, though, that I am in a place right now where pretty much NO ONE mentions anything about my hair other than my husband. I also get the occasional compliment from my daughter, who says that she loves my hair. Truly, it is just a shrunken fro and itis really NOT that fascinating. It doesn't look unkempt, but then it's not a perfect microphone fro either. I just dampen it and finger fluff it into the desired shape daily. Trying to do what others "preferred" for me to do or even trying to do what I thought I "should" do to my hair since it was natural only led to me IRRITATING my scalp and inflaming my dermatitis. Once I learned the TRUE meaning of low-to-no manilpulation, my scalp was in heaven!As far as asking questions like that, I'm fairly certain that I have done it at some point in my PAST, but at least in the last two years (if not longer) I haven't really cared to ask someone why they don't do X, Y, or Z to their hair. I really just focus on doing what works for me.
    Your posts are always sensible & contain statements I've either said or thought to myself.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't mind those people girly, stay pleasant. Whatever they recommend you do say "no thanks" and keep it moving. Natural coily hair is beautiful!!! and I prefer it over straight hair also. Everyone will always have their opinions and unfortunately about what other people should do with their own lives, hair, etc. Pay it no mind I haven't really had this problem so far but if people were to question me like that I would actually love politely letting them know how I disagree and love my natural hair just the way it is

Kisha Lray on Youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/user/KishaLrayy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123