Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I've had it!

I have had it with trying to find someone to braid my hair with extensions! So, I decided to do it myself! My main concern is not having the patience to do it and the second concern is not having them fall out. I already know that it's going to be a slow and long process, so I am trying to get in that frame of mind. I keep telling myself that my doing my own hair cannot turn out any worse then some of the times someone else did it. At least if it doesn't turn out, I won't be out of nearly as much money if I paid someone.

I am not sure which would be easier for me to start with Twists or braids? Any suggestions?

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take a look in the Napptural Styles Forum. There are lots of threads on DIY braiding/twists of all kinds in there. :-)
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first braids were kinky twists. They were loose and fell out some... but I got better over time. Now people ask me all the time who did my hair.

After that I tried yarn braids--cheap in case you mess up, but more time consuming. Kinky twists take me about 6 hours (on a Saturday)... Yarn braids take about twice that, because they're smaller, longer, and require braiding vs. twisting. Then I had to learn to tie and burn/melt the ends.

So yeah... you can do anything you set your mind to. YouTube can be a big help when you don't understand how something works.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Practice WILL make perfect. I am going to be installing my own kinky twists soon. Will keep you posted.

Onnica is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi All. I find those yarn braids to be so cute. I would pre-cut the length of the yarn in advance to save time. I plan to put those in my sisters hair soon. She wants something that will last through a Michigan summer. Does anyone know how safe the yarn is to use in the hair? They look pretty but I wonder how safe the fibers will be for the hair strands. In regards to the fibers cutting or causing damage. Expect Great Things!