Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hello!!!

Hi, I'm Ayo. I'm a Nigerian kid that lives in Texas. I'm growing my hair out, hoping get curls. I have a 4c texture. Well I'm pretty sure I do because I'm Nigerian and my hair is very nappy. I used to have waves. Lol, don't know how good enough of an intro that was.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Ayo, Nigerian kid that lives in Texas. I didn´t understand your introduction You say you have 4c hair texture, and you also say you used to have waves, and you hope to get curls....
    Anyway, I hope you have a nice transition to napptural hair.
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, sorry. I'm a guy. I used to have waves, as in 360 waves. I hope to get curls, which is a hairstyle in which you grow your hair out and get defined curls. I use SheaMoisture curl enhancing smoothie. I also use the moisture retention shampoo (pink bottle I believe). I was using cantu shea butter leave in conditioner before I ran out.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ayo_olu View Post
    Lol, sorry. I'm a guy. I used to have waves, as in 360 waves. I hope to get curls, which is a hairstyle in which you grow your hair out and get defined curls. I use SheaMoisture curl enhancing smoothie. I also use the moisture retention shampoo (pink bottle I believe). I was using cantu shea butter leave in conditioner before I ran out.
    Ayo, how do you expect to get waves with 4c texture? Are you going to use a a chemical to get waves? Did you have waves, 360 waves (don´t know what that means) because you had a chemical in your hair? Never heard of a "hairstyle in which you grow your hair out and get defined curls", and with 4c hair...
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Nigerian kid from Texas.

Hair grading -3,4,a,b,c... is not an exact science, which is why we don't really pay too much mind to hairtyping here on NP. It looks like you are wearing a wave cap to get those waves? If your hair is short enough and you brush it all in the same direction with a moisturizing product, you will get waves. No chemicals needed.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi deecoily, I've actually had waves for several years, so I got tired of them, lol. I'm trying to get curls now. You know curls, right? Kinda like the ones Will Smith had in Hitch?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I'm wondering why I can't start posts in other sections? Why do I still need permission? In the meantime, I need help with my hair. I'm trying to get curls like Will Smith in Hitch, but everybody keeps telling me that I need a kit aka texturizer. I really don't want to kit my hair if it can be avoided. Please, can anyone help me?

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's because to stop spammers there is a post minimum before new members are able to post on all boards. But I will override that restriction for you and upgrade your membership so you can post in the Help areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much!