Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Donald Sterling... seriously who else isn't surprised?

I posted about this on my FB page, in a nutshell...

Just when I thought I had my fill of racist fooliwangness this week with that ignoramus CB whom I refuse to name to further increase his hits, Here comes "Sleep with them but don't socialize with them" Donald Sterling. Really? What disturbs me about this - is not HIS comments because hey, he is what he is, a typical "I'm not racist cuz my gf is Black and I'm a democrat" - (well girlfriend is half-Black, so maybe he only socializes with the non-Black half) but girl... come on now. You knew the deal when you partnered him. He's old enough to be your grandfather and you're a trophy. Gather up some dignity.

As for the Clippers - stand up or say massa.
    As for the NAACP - reportedly they have rescinded his Lifetime Achievement Award.

Who else is so happy to be living in this Supreme Court Declared Post Racial America?

2. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else is so happy to be living in this Supreme Court Declared Post Racial America?
    Woo-hoo! Ain't it grand? Yeah, no.

On a friend's post, I commented something to this effect:

I keep thinking about how money can cause you to lose every principle you ever had. And I'm not talking about Sterling; I'm talking about his girlfriend and every single black person who works for him, including the players. Apparently he has a history of this kind of behavior but it took covert audio to finally get somebody (the NBA) to (MAYBE) do something about it. So if all these black folks KNEW this was how he was, why did they stay under his employ (or, in the girlfriend's case, stay as his bed wench...sorry if that's harsh, but oh well)? Simply put: MONEY. And apparently that's okay!

I bet not one of those players will quit. As for her...part of me is hoping she was a secret agent for the Black Panthers but I'm guessing that probably wasn't the case...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're not going to quit as they're under contract to the organization and not to Sterling. They might walk, and it would be nice if they did. I know they have a game tonight against the Warriors as someone I know is going. (That's going to be interesting.)

As for her, no comment. However, I did take a look at her Instagram and she's all of 21 years old. Like seriously. I'm not sure I expect that much in terms of ethics from someone so young. (Yes, I've lost faith in many things including the generations behind me.)

The NAACP has been a misguided mess for awhile, so I'm not surprised that Sterling has been honored once and was set to be honored again. All in all I'm glad the tape was released because, from what I've read, he's got a history of this mess and no one has been able to prove it. Well, now it's out there for everyone to hear and that's much, much worse for him. (I hope.)
    Last edited by Scribetastic; 04-27-2014 at 07:43 PM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit that seeing this kind of old school hate being put out there is fascinating to me. Seriously if Bundy and Sterling were movie or TV characters, the writers would probably be accused of creating cartoonish characters that no longer exist.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

6. Likes Scribetastic liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Figured they'd do something like this: Clippers Players Just Made One Hell of a Perfect Statement.

Here it is on YouTube (better link as I can embed it):

Last edited by Scribetastic; 04-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw on CNBC that Magic Johnson is interested in buying the Clippers. Personally, since MOST of the NBA players are brothers, a brother or a group of brothers and sisters should have owned the team by now anyway!

NAACP--they knew. I've worked with local NAACP and unless is looks bad in the community or could embarrass them soon, they will not respond in any way. Or do investigations. They go by what's popular or accepted by the AA community, and who will fund them, not necessarily what's best, IMO. Sadly, most of the local funding for community NAACP come from outside the AA community.

Sterling--he's the only person who isn't trying to hide anything. People held their tongues about him because of HIS MONEY. The times changed and his beliefs didn't. If he knew people would react this way, he wouldn't have said it. Remember, he's a business man. His money bought people's silence about his bigotry.

The Clippers--they're too busy playing and making money to care WHERE THE MONEY is coming from.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep thinking about how money can cause you to lose every principle you ever had.
    This..... Plantation mentality for all involved. Regardless of contract, some players would remain on the plantation. Sterling has been banned for life and must pay 2.5 million dollar fine. There's not much we can do for folks like Sterling, but wait for them to die.... and pray another mind hasn't been poisoned. If we're lucky, his people would distance themselves and Sterling would leave the country on his own island. But the reality... money talks. His people will either pacify or similar like him. Birds of a feather flock together.

I was shocked to learn the girl friend was 21 (looks way older). In search of her age I stumbled across the 9 min. audio. Initially I wondered what type of girlfriend would tape her man... maybe somebody scornful and on her way out. However I'd release the tapes too if my illogical bigoted great grandpa man wanted me to erase my identity, viewed me as problem and his wife suing. If I'm going to be discarded, the world will know.
    Last edited by Fuzziwuz; 04-29-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Darkbread, you're forgetting Michael Jordan, he owns the Charlotte Bobcats. I knew that he was a team owner but I thought he owned the Washington Wizards until I looked it up to avoid talking from the side of my neck. Which leads me to a convo I had with my mom tonight who ask if the Clippers were a new team and I had to google because Basket ball isn't covered much up here compared to other sports, especially hockey. I had heard of the Clippers before but had no idea they were around for that long.

Anyhoo, Dreamworks' David Geffen has already shown interest in buying the team and I'm pretty sure he can sign a check to get it.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be inevitable that the Clippers become Black-owned. I can't think of a better result and if Magic buys them I may have to become a fan. There is a rotten culture of racism in the 1%... I am curious about to whom he was referring to in his comment about getting 'the phone calls ' when she would Instagram her photos.

As far as the NAACP. I have nothing nice to say right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with this article except for the "morally" in the title

Not surprised by the old guy or his side piece. Gotta get it where you can.

I am surprised a bit by the reaction of folks. If it was known Sterling was racist before and had public(ized) incidences (discriminatory housing, etc.) of this, why now is there an uproar over his sentiments shared PRIVATELY with someone I'm sure he thought he could speak openly too?

Whycome folks now reacting after his business has been put on Front street? Is it a matter of "mob mentality" or are we just looking for something else to be vex with? Don't get me wrong, what I heard of those tapes vexed my spirit and I think he's one of the worst type of racists. TBS - so what?

(Devil's advocate)
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

13. Likes MommieDearest liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast