Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Member

Well i'm new to the forum, but I've been natural 1yr and 6 months. I'm still trying to figure my hair out. One of the biggest issues I have with my hair is dryness. I've been trying so many different products, but my hair is still super dry. Like the first day it seems moisturized and then bam it's like the Sahara dessert. Are there any products that you guys could recommend for dry hair.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lots and lots of recommendations throughout the board and in the archives.

Best of luck and welcome aboard!
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there, welcome and great question. My hair also gets dry super fast. I find that deep conditioning before co washing works great as well as spritzing my hair with water, then applying an oil, and then shea butter to lock it in. I'll definitely make a video on moisturizing natural hair soon on my youtube channel. I'd like to share with you a recent video I did on co washing which is great for moisturizing as well! I hope this helps. You can find the Co Washing Process
    Last edited by Miss T; 07-26-2014 at 10:44 PM. Reason: see moderator or board owner for explanation

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi killinxinxpeace (whew!) ;0) hope I spelled that right.

Congrats on making it past the first year! I am seven years in and still trying to figure out my hair. Dry hair is no fun and is something I am currently attempting to address in my routine.

I have just learned about the LOC (Liquid, Oil, Cream) regime, a method of maintaining moisture levels on your hair strands by coating it with LOC. There is tons of info about this on line and here. I am in the first few days of using this method and have no feedback to share as of yet.

Products are something you will have to learn about on your own by testing them out (read as "Come, be a product junkie like the rest of us It's hard to recommend anything because no head of hair will react exactly the same to one product. The hair butters get good reviews. I am also new to the butter scene (currently using Aloe Butter) and have no experienced feedback to share. You could look through here and the web to see what reviewers are saying about the products you're thinking about trying and go from there.

A few things I've learned about why hair leans towards dry (aside from the usual culprits): hard water, hair coverings that leach all your moisture, using glycerine on dry days, could be a clarification is needed because hair is coated with product build up (carrier oils especially), scalp is coated by product build up, your hair hates protein and a product you use has it as an ingredient....

I read somewhere (maybe here - ?) that we should treat our hair as though it were a garden and water it from root to tip on a regular basis. Hope this helps in some way...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, killinxinXpeace!

I've been nappy for years and I'm still learning things about hair care. I move a lot and what my hair needs changes with the climate. What I use depends on what's local and what I can get shipped in. When I was younger, it felt like a fight. Now it's more like a game. When I arrive in a new location, I'm a rookie all over again and I have to build up to a winning streak.

This year, I've gone back to store-bought products. I love homemade products, but I've spent a lot of time on the road, in and out of motels. Right now, I love Cream of Nature's Argan Oil Perfect 7 as a leave in and Mystic Divine Nourishing Masque as a deep conditioner once a week. I like the P7 because I can spray it on before I workout, then rinse my hair when I shower.