Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I attempted to make flaxseed gel once or twice in my life. It was an epic fail. First of all, I didn't know what I was doing, LOL. But I watched several YouTube videos, and got a better idea of what to do.

I know I'd want real aloe vera gel or juice in mine, maybe a touch of evoo.......

But guess what?

I can't make it. Why? I am extremely turned off by the texture of the stuff. I see it yields great results, but I just can't, LOL. The gloopiness just makes me wanna hurl..........

I'm not even sure I would be able to apply to my hair if I purchased some from someone else.......

"Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

2. Likes Cerendipity liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for explaining. I feel dopey. I've made Flaxseed Gel before. I liked it. I have a ton of seeds left.
    AKA: fuzzy_slippers

Still Nappy. Still Happy, ya'll!

4. Likes Cerendipity liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL@Coily

KCCC has a goopy texture too lolol

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind the goopy texture. I'd just like it to hold longer than three days if possible...

This morning I co-washed with HE Honey I'm Strong (and took out a week's worth of shed hair) and then applied KCKT and Eco Styler crystal gel. I wore my microfiber turban for about an hour before tension-blow-drying just the roots with the concentrator nozzle. There was a little bit of white residue, which surprised me -- I thought Eco played well with everything -- and my hair does feel a little dry but other than that, it looks good.

I think, though, that a mid-week rinse is probably in order. Doing that with KCCC rinses the product right out. That shouldn't be the case with Eco.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really Lbell? I find KCCC water rinses very well and reactivates my curls. I just dunk my head under the faucet quick, shake and go about my business.

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me clarify (heh):

Most days I only saturate my hair with water when I'm washing it. In between, I spritz with just enough water and/or AVJ to reactivate the product. With KCCC I start losing the hold by day 3 and by day 4 it's pretty much gone. So for me a mid-week rinse (day 4) basically rinses out whatever KCCC is still in there. I also don't use a whole lot of it, so there's that.

Eco gel has always had more "staying" power, so to speak. At least that was the case with the olive oil version, and I've always found the crystal version to have a stronger (drier) hold. Today my hair feels pretty soft though, possibly because it was more humid yesterday. Eh...we'll see...

--

Without going into a lot of detail: It took me a long time to understand why some women behave the way they do towards other women. Somewhere between my teenage years and my 30s I went from feeling like I couldn't compete to feeling like I don't HAVE to compete. And now that I'm well into middle age I continue to be amazed at women MY AGE acting like high schoolers: Who's the coolest, who's got the best clothes, the best jewelry, etc. I wish I could say this was a byproduct of our "reality" TV age but this behavior was going on even before then.

Long story short: Yes, sweetheart, we both are wearing big 'fros and purple nail polish. You look gorgeous and I'm secure enough to tell you so. It's not a competition. Why the attitude?
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

9. Likes Squiggly, meagan22, OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL...ok I agree, kccc's texture is kinda goopy. But FSG is like (forgive the term)
    snot.

I mean at least kccc smells like sweet! LOL

For me, kccc rinses completely out; Eco I have to rinse each section for 10 mins to get it out. I guess I could do a quick rinse and apply a lol more to the surface as a refresher. Nice!
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

11. Likes Cerendipity liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I need a plan of action. I keep wavering on what to do.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't really want red "highlights" in my faux-haircut but I'd rather use the weave I have than go buy more.

http://www.forharriet.com/2014/09/bl...ative.html?m=1
    The next time I'm in NYC I'd like to check this place out
    Last edited by meagan22; 09-11-2014 at 02:37 AM.

14. Likes Squiggly liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WnG oh WnG how I love thee, NOW. Those wonderful women of YT have shown me the way. You know if no one shows you how to use the diffuser you will never get the technique. My ahh haa moment: realizing my hair must be completely dried so the coils are set. I know this seems like this is no brainer but it never occurred to me. I think this is because I was always concerned about maintaining moisture i.e. if the hair is dry it is not moisturized. You have no idea how geeked I am for WnGs now lol...well maybe you do.

SN: My hair loves aloe vera juice. My scalp has also benefited from it. Shea Moisure Curl Enhancing Smoothie doesn't work for my hair. No matter what style I try it with. I end up with a white film throughout my hair. Doesn't matter the amount used. EcoStyler and Shea Moisture Organic Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner do not play together without aloe vera juice as a mediator.
    Growing springy, coily, cottony, thick Nappaliciousness since 01/98, joined NP 10/23/02

My hair is the combined contribution of all my generations and it is infinitely me.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast