Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Thoughts of the Random and Nappy

I'm trying to stay away from KB's Tumblr, but I can't. So many gorgeous Black Women with low/no hair. I have 3-ish inches of hair, and I'm already tired of combing it .I could just put a scarf on it and go, but I miss the baldie and 'get up and go'. I miss how it looked and the shape of my head.

2. Thanks underthehood thanked for this post
    Likes meagan22 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time I ever care about my hair is A) performances, and B) traveling. Performance coming up in two weeks, and I'm already at a loss. We're going to Vegas again in February, and yes, while it's still EARLY I really don't know what to do. I'm half tempted to cut my hair shorter. Mostly to get rid of the over processed ends, but to give me a reprieve so that styling and maintenance will be easier. Gonna be out there for nearly two weeks (dance intensives and performance included) and carrying full size containers on the plane only to potentially deal with them being stolen by some conniving a$$ TSA trollip is not an option...

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be experimenting with hair chalk / eyeshadow / spray on color Just wanna try it. I've seen some gorgeous looks on YouTube. Going to see about adding some dimension and glam to my look... ...With no chance of chemical damage!!! "Yay me!" *in my London Tipton voice*
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ *in my Marion Moseby voice* "Puh-leeeease let us know how it goes London. My niece follows you on online and I won't hear the end of it if I don't give her the 'inside scoop'.... How has it come to this?!?! "

but srsly let us know how it goes!!
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

6. Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did the dusting tonight. It took an hour. I'm out of jbco and will probably order more online. Plans to deep condition tomorrow. Hair is somewhat happier with no knots after holding three different styles today.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MommieDearest View Post
    She forgot one thing though: She was supposed to put some product in the middle of her palm (or on two fingers) and hold it up to the camera for 1.5 seconds before applying it to her hair. I can't for the LIFE of me figure out why people do that...
    Usually it's for one or both of the following reasons: 1) to show how much they use in their hair and 2) to demonstrate the consistency.

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post
    Will be experimenting with hair chalk / eyeshadow / spray on color Just wanna try it. I've seen some gorgeous looks on YouTube. Going to see about adding some dimension and glam to my look... ...With no chance of chemical damage!!! "Yay me!" *in my London Tipton voice*
    I still have some cream eyeshadow in blue and silver. Since I'm about to travel to a somewhat more conservative part of the country, I'm tempted, after reading your post, to stick some in just for the hell of it. That said, seeing as it's the day after Halloween, it'll probably be like "You still have stuff in your hair from the Halloween party..."

--

No time for experimenting = back to Shea Moisture CES and KCCC for the week. However, I've now done two co-washes with HE The Sleeker The Butter. It's all right...I don't think it's necessarily better than HH or Honey I'm Strong though.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

9. Thanks MommieDearest thanked for this post
    Likes CoilyHairedBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently deep conditioning with ORS Olive Masque. I've just got my hair all piled on top of my head in a bun. No plastic bag.

I see that some "gurus" who reached waistlength are experimenting with new things, like cuts, color, and heat styling. They just needed a change, which is understandable. It's interesting how previously, while growing their hair out, they were anti this, and anti that.

I'm heading towards MBL myself (and hopefully WL) and I wonder: Will I do that with my hair? I find it highly unlikely. I just can't throw away all my progress like I did 3 years ago. Seems like I'd hold on to it for dear life, as hard as I'm working to achieve my goal.

I have to be anti heat with my hair. It's very fragile and will get heat damage in a heartbeat. That stance is not likely to change, especially since I can "straighten" my hair with threading. Color....like I said, I'm going to try eyeshadows and stuff. I guess if I did do anything, it might be a few brown highlights, but again, not likely.

I am particular about ingredients. At this time, I have "natural" and commercial products that I use. It's not practical for me to use all of one or the other. A variety works for me.
    /

11. Likes underthehood liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I think I have found a protective style that I can rock until the summer comes. Crochet Braids with Marley hair for the WIN.Name:  20141104_090739.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  8.3 KBName:  20141104_090739.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  8.3 KB

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

13. Likes underthehood, Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to make some un-petroleum jelly but I want it more stiff than smooth. The usual recipe is 1:1 beeswax : oil(s) so maybe I'll do 2:1.
    Last edited by meagan22; 11-04-2014 at 05:12 PM.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes to Cucumbers latest formula of the conditioner is.....

absolutely useless!!

It was great in 2009....Now-? Girl please. I will be doing a product review and taking that mess back to Target for a refund, okayyy?????!
    /

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast