Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi Nappturalistas!

Hi all-- my name is Sarada and I'm new to this forum board. Very excited to be here! I haven't chemically treated my hair in many years, but also haven't really gone natural either (at least not when I'm out and about). I work from home, so it's easy to just stay at home til I straighten my hair by flat iron. Or, I just straighten the top parts, and then pull the rest back into a sort of bun or twist. I wanna be able to go natural, really natural, but just can't seem to feel confident and comfortable with that.
    Anyway, I'm hoping to learn more and get inspired here :)

Thanks!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hi Nappturalistas!

Hey Sarada, welcome to NP! This is the best place to be if you want encouragement to wear your natural hair with pride.
    I wish you all the best in your napptural hair journey, and all the guts in the world to rock that hair with the pride it deserves.
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    LocĀ“d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi! Welcome. Im a newbie to NP but have been loose natural for years and started my loc journey 3 months ago. It seems like you started wearing your hair natural if you just straighten occasionally. Feeling comfortable has to come from within and reading different posts and seeing pics can certainly help the process. What other styles do you like? (when your hair is not straighten).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also my hair grows super slow.. i see all kinds of supplements that say they can grow your hair like kelp. anyone know if they work?