Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New to Nappturality!

Hello All!

I am a 19 year old AA female and have been going on my natural hair journey since 2 years old. From "platts", to braids, to waves, and always the go-to curls, my hair has transformed over the years. In the 10th grade, I has a nap inmy hair and tried to comb it out without much success. I cut it out. However, I cut too much, and ended up butchering my hair 😞 However, THANKFULLY, it has grown back. My problem now is that my senior year, I began to straighten my hair with the InStyler. Mind you, I have only had a perm ONCE in my entire life. (I was seven) However, the perm only made my scalp irritated and my mother said never again.
    Since I have been straightening my hair, every few months I get a wash and set or just use the InStyler.

Heat has damaged the front of my hair tremendously; although the back is still curly, I miss how my entire hair used to be. I want to transition back to before I had heat on my hair, but do not know where to begin. I am now a Sophomore in college and am considering doing the "Big Chop". Any advice or help?? Thank you 😊

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: New to Nappturality!

Welcome to NP. You can either big chop or try to transition again. It all depends on your personality and lifestyle.

Me, I've big chopped a couple of times and always do that instead of doing long transitions. I'm also okay with short hair.

If you do transition, try to find one or two low maintenance styles you can do so that you aren't manipulating your hair too much.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt