Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Napptural Thoughts Are The Randomest

Ha, I think my hair and my scalp actually like chlorine... Go figure.
    Last edited by Napia Mia; 07-09-2015 at 10:44 PM.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't wanna wash my hair today. Just...don't...wanna...

3. Likes mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^That's how I felt this morning but then I said "eff it" and co-washed with As I Am Coconut Co-Wash, DC'd with HE HH with some AVJ added (trying to finish the bottle), and then styled with Shea Moisture CES and Wetline Extreme gel.

I had studied some YouTube videos about tapered 'fro styling so I ended up putting my hair in large sections and applying product in very small sections to the short parts. Consequently the application took about as long as it did when my hair was longer (30 minutes) but after that I shook it and went on about my business, which is something I couldn't do when my hair was longer if I didn't want it to be a packed-down lumpy semi-TWA. Thanks to this haircut, my hair dries in a REALLY nice shape, which was the purpose of the cut in the first place.

I'm very happy! Everybody go get your hair cut!
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

5. Likes mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very excited about the news of Qhemet Biologics now available at select Sephora locations!

Here's the current store listing:

http://www.qhemetbiologics.com/category_s/13.htm

According to her Facebook page, she had to increase her prices to accommodate the products being more accessible, but shipping will decrease to make up for it.

7. Thanks LBellatrix thanked for this post
    Likes meagan22 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LBellatrix, for some reason I can't see the pic you posted. Can you share a link?

Since my last post, I haven't cut my hair. I've just been doing the bare minimum to it. It's like I'm completely out of love.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

9. Likes mramsey liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claire76 View Post
    LBellatrix, for some reason I can't see the pic you posted. Can you share a link?

Since my last post, I haven't cut my hair. I've just been doing the bare minimum to it. It's like I'm completely out of love.
    I haven't gotten my hair cut either. My schedule got overwhelmed with back to back rehearsals for my troupe's last show and couldn't make time for it. Now I'm on a twist/low - manipulation routine because life beckons and I need to save as much as possible.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I bought the Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue the other day (the 8oz jar) since I was out of KCCC and my wash and go melted under the humidity. Co-washed, deep conditioned, applied the Shea Moisture Extra Moisture Detangler (this stuff may as well be a leave-in, because my rinse out conditioner has better slip than this stuff) and then the Curly Meringue. I actually like it, NOW that my hair is longer (I tried it way back in 2009.). It has hold, but it's nowhere near as intense as the KCCC...more on the level of the Curl Junkie Aloe Fix (which is an AMAZING product!). My hair is 85% air dried (I did it at 10pm, time is now 1:56am), but I like how it looks and feels. I'm pretty glad the SMELL stops being overpowering; it's not a bad smell but when you open the jar it's like WHOA. I'd probably have to go heavy handed with it to really keep my frizz at bay for more than two or three days, but I like it. I won't be replacing it right away when I finish it, though. I still have my other products to get through (two and a half jars of Cantu Curling Cream, a jar and a half of Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and half a jar of Camille Rose Naturals Aloe-Whipped Butter Gel--another great product!). On another note, I DO like the Shea Moisture JBCO deep conditioner A LOT. Still smells like Play-Doh to me, though.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claire76 View Post
    Here's the article with the picture in it (it's the first). If I did a twistout, my hair would look very similar to this in size and shape (not in color though; I'm only about 5%-10% gray at this point).

--
    Re the WNG in my last post: I thought I could make it last all week given the amount of product I put into it but alas, it was not to be. ESPECIALLY now that my hair is short again, I need to let go of the notion that I can go longer than four days without saturating my hair. Never mind what the final result looks like...whether I use a lot of product or (as was the case this past Thursday) just a little...whether it's short or long...some things simply have not changed.

In other news...I went for a swim this morning for the first time in years. Prior to my swim I went online to look at some YouTube videos on swimming and natural hair and after a few minutes I said "eff it" and took my fat butt to the gym.

It felt SO good to fully immerse myself in (not too cold, not too chlorinated, hallelujah!) water again. What felt even better? NOT worrying about my hair. After I got out I just rinsed it real good and went on home. I co-washed with the As I Am (I meant to use a real shampoo but I just grabbed this) and slathered it in my HE HH/AVJ mixture. Now I'm about to rinse it out and put in some kind of leave-in/styler; not sure what.

I think this is going to become my new Saturday morning ritual. One thing I'll make sure to do next time is thoroughly finger-comb during the pre-swim shower. Sorry if this is TMI but...you really can't miss Afro-textured hair in the pool...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*facepalm* So my aunt posted a picture of one of her daughters this week. Only today did I see it was to show off her keratin treatment I posted an article on it's dangers on my own wall in response and tagged another cousin who wanted more info. Here's hoping.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw the cutest natural with flat twists. One one each side and pinned in the back. Im tempted to try to duplicate it. Only if i do it now, i dont know if it would hold up over night. It's an unknown and i know it only taks 15 minutes to hook my puff up. I gotta be at work extra early tomorrow so i cant be spending extra time on my hair. I think i should wait for the weekend to try it out instead.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast