Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Hello to all! A Napptrulista re introduction

Hello my name is Vanessa and it's been a very long time since I was last on this wonderful site (thank you Dee!)

I'm originally from London, UK and moved to Canada almost 14 years ago in 2002. My dear friend and colleague told me about this site before I crossed The Pond. I was a relaxer fiend when I came to Canada and in 2003 I decided to do the BC! Who knew this journey was going to be such a blessing for me and my hair? I won't lie and state that it's been a bed of roses, as it hasn't. My hair type is 4C and living in the smaller towns here made it very difficult for me to get my hands on products. I started to keep my hair short and at one time when I had a bit more length my friend took my to Mississauga and I had my hair braided! It was quite the change for me and to be honest the burnt ends of the synthetic hair used irritated my neck. After about 6 weeks it was sweet relief to have them taken out.

I only discovered truly how the cold effects my hair when I moved from Ontario and Alberta to the North West, Yukon Territory to be precise, (imagine driving to the State of Alaska, you would have to drive through this Canadian Territory to get there) where the winters are dark (December, we're blessed if we get 5 hours of daylight) and long, almost 7 months long! My hair almost immediately becomes so dry and knowing I have coarse hair I always liked to wash and go especially when I used to rock my TWA. After much research, very recently, I have realized the importance of the LOC (liquid, oil and cream) method for my hair and how my hair just thrives and loves the products I am using. I didn't know that I didn't have to settle with my hair being super dry and lacking moisture and keep it short just to hide the fact that I believed it was easier for me to manage. (sound familiar? I relaxed my hair buying into that same lie. Oh it'll make my hair more manageable) On a recent trip to Antigua I noticed how my hair loved the humidity and even noticed growth in the week that I was there! It may seem crazy however my friend who I travelled with on the trip noticed when we got back.

My fave products are Entwine Afrodisia Exotique Leave in Hair Potion, Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Conditioning Spray Oil and Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive Heavy Cream. My hair looks and feel moisturized and the smell! Wow! The heavy cream I cannot be without especially being in the cold season here.

Its only been a few months since I last cut my hair although I do have some nice finger coils rocking now, I am thankful for this journey in the beauty of my hair and loving how versatile natural hair truly is

Thanks for reading!
    ~Vanessa
    A Beautiful Place,
    via London, UK

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hello to all! A Napptrulista re introduction

Hi Vanessa! Welcome back!

Wow, the Yukon? I always said I wouldn't move any further north than Chicago but I bet the scenery is gorgeous there.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Hello to all! A Napptrulista re introduction

Welcome here. Enjoy your napptural journey...
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    LocĀ“d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012