Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Well Well!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not feel sorry for you at all. BUT I do want to thank you very much for taking pictures, you and guapa.

To be honest, I read the heat warnings, I saw what fried hair looks like but despite the many desctriptions, I have never in my life seen what hair which was p.ressed somehow remained straight after washing. I couldn't even picture it. And now I can. I am dead set against heat, there are soo many ways to stretch my hair... big overnight braids, banding, big overnight twists, all these can be followed up with some coconut oil and a denman brush the following morning. Plus everytime I see burnt hair, it seems too thin, I like the body the naturalness brings.

I will be keeping these two weblinks to show those people who don't listen.

Littlefish.... You know one of your biggest supporters, you just keep doing what you doing, and keep posting those pics up.

Safiyyah
    [b][color=#FF6666]Today is the tomorrow you were worrying about yesterday.

A person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

A white washed crow soon shows black again. [/color][/b]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not feel sorry for you at all. BUT I do want to thank you very much for taking pictures, you and guapa.

To be honest, I read the heat warnings, I saw what fried hair looks like but despite the many desctriptions, I have never in my life seen what hair which was p.ressed somehow remained straight after washing. I couldn't even picture it. And now I can. I am dead set against heat, there are soo many ways to stretch my hair... big overnight braids, banding, big overnight twists, all these can be followed up with some coconut oil and a denman brush the following morning. Plus everytime I see burnt hair, it seems too thin, I like the body the naturalness brings.

I will be keeping these two weblinks to show those people who don't listen.

Littlefish.... You know one of your biggest supporters, you just keep doing what you doing, and keep posting those pics up.

Safiyyah
    [b][color=#FF6666]Today is the tomorrow you were worrying about yesterday.

A person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it.

A white washed crow soon shows black again. [/color][/b]

Poohbear215 Guest

Originally posted by Safiyyah@May 10 2005, 10:59 AM

I do not feel sorry for you at all.
    [snapback]841712[/snapback]
    I am NOT looking for ANYONE to feel sorry for me AT ALL. I created this post to share my experience and how I will not be using heat anymore. I think some of you just automatically see the title of threads and just post a comment regarding your strong views on forbidden things to use on natural hair.

AIR can very well damage hair as well. Did y&#39;all know THAT! <_<

feepee Guest

Originally posted by Poohbear215+May 10 2005, 12:55 PM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-Safiyyah
    @May 10 2005, 10:59 AM

I do not feel sorry for you at all.
    [snapback]841712[/snapback]
    I am NOT looking for ANYONE to feel sorry for me AT ALL. I created this post to share my experience and how I will not be using heat anymore. I think some of you just automatically see the title of threads and just post a comment regarding your strong views on forbidden things to use on natural hair.

AIR can very well damage hair as well. Did y&#39;all know THAT! <_<
    [snapback]841914[/snapback]
    [/b]

oh no!! :shocker: that&#39;s why we should all keep our hurr tightly wrapped and never exposed to the harsh harsh world!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:lol: @ hurr

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Poohbear215+May 9 2005, 12:48 PM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-littlefish
    @May 9 2005, 12:04 PM

You want to straighten your hair with heat occasionally or often -- even after knowing that you do have all these styling options (you listed them yourself) -- go right ahead. No one is stopping you. (As I&#39;ve said before, what other folks do with their hair is their business.) I&#39;m just surprised that you&#39;re surprised that your naps were damaged as a result, what with all the warnings that Dee and others have posted here.

That said, good luck. Let us know how it turns out for you.

littlefish
    [snapback]840406[/snapback]
    That&#39;s the thing. I read that Heat=Damage thread like last year or something. This is the ONLY heat warning I&#39;ve ever seen. Also, after never having a bad experience with heat, how would I know whether it was damaging my hair or not? It wasn&#39;t like I kept applying heat to my hair and saw it damaged it and kept doing it. That&#39;s why I didn&#39;t grasp that Heat=Damage post that she made. This was the first bad experience I had with heat.
    Please be careful when you say things about certain experiences people share. I just need encouragement, advice, and support... not ridicule and negative things telling me how stupid I was for letting my mom burn my hair straight. Not all of us are natural hair experts and not all of us have grown up chemical-free and heat-free. I&#39;m very glad I was introduced to this site back in May of last year thanks to BrownsuggaDIVA. ^_^
    [snapback]840430[/snapback]
    [/b]

OH MY WORD! lol...just kidding hun

i remember last May also...gurl, i was ready to wring your lil "virtual" throat! HOWEVER, its good to see you here a year later!

BE ENCOURAGED! this whole thing is a learning process...a journey..and no 2 will be the exact same.

i damaged my hair the first year trying to do what everyone else was doing...THE AFRO PUFF! which lead me to a 2nd big chop after i did some major damage on the top and both sides of my head with those PHHBs.

again..GOOD TO SEE YA HERE!

giggleblue Guest

yeah, and this is why i run from people offering to flat flaming hot tool of hair torture my hair... i try to learn my lessons through watching other people&#39;s mistakes... i hope your hair grows back quickly, but i think it would be best to start over again, because if it is as bad as you say, no conditioner can bring it back to life...

Poohbear215 Guest

Originally posted by feepee@May 10 2005, 02:01 PM

oh no!! :shocker: that&#39;s why we should all keep our hurr tightly wrapped and never exposed to the harsh harsh world!
    [snapback]841923[/snapback]
    the point is... more than just relaxers, heat, & products can damage our hair!!!

Poohbear215 Guest

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BrownsuggaDIVA@May 10 2005, 02:05 PM
    [i remember last May also...gurl, i was ready to wring your lil "virtual" throat!
    [snapback]841936[/snapback]
    Why??? :dunno:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Poohbear215+May 10 2005, 05:42 PM-->
    <!--QuoteBegin-BrownsuggaDIVA
    @May 10 2005, 02:05 PM
    [i remember last May also...gurl, i was ready to wring your lil "virtual" throat!Â
    [snapback]841936[/snapback]
    Why??? :dunno:
    [snapback]842285[/snapback]
    [/b]

its ok hun. we were just having a big ol&#39; misunderstanding about natural hair on that OTHA hair forum.

but by reading ur current posts...u have come a long way and thats a great thing! enjoy your natural journey!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456