User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

View Poll Results: ACV Rinse(with or without Sage tea), How many times do you use it?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Everyday before shampoo..

0 0%
  • Everyday after shampoo..

9 15.25%
  • A few times a week before shampoo..

8 13.56%
  • A few times a week after shampoo..

42 71.19%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePerfectFool View Post
    I didn't vote because my option isn't there I spray it all over, let it sit, then rinse thoroughly. I'm trying to get to the point where I use it instead of shampoo. I'm hoping cutting down on shampoo and other products will help my SD.
    @tPF: I"m gonna try your system of leaving the acv in a bit, then rinse. My scalp is giving me issues again, so this might help more than just a rinse. Let us know how using acv in place of shampoo works for you.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's working very well so far I don't have a set ratio, but it's around 2 parts water for 1 part ACV. My usual itches are non-existent :happy dance: I'll try to remember to check back in next week and let you know how it's going.

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't vote since my option isn't available. I use it after conditioning or sometimes while the conditioner is still in my hair. I use a "squirt" bottle and squeeze the mixture (2:1 ACV:Water) and massage my scalp. I lightly rinse. It has definitely helped the condition of my scalp.
    Growing springy, coily, cottony, thick Nappaliciousness since 01/98, joined NP 10/23/02

My hair is the combined contribution of all my generations and it is infinitely me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My flakes are mostly gone now! I think prolonged rinsing helped a lot too. I haven't used any product but ACV in a few weeks, and I think I'm going to stick with that indefinitely.

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to do this everyday. I am trying to find a better way to wash my scalp without scrubbing it. Vinegar makes my hair and scalp moisturized. We will see maybe not every day but we will see.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Will ACV alter hair dyed with henna?

I haven't tried this because I color my gray edges with henna & indigo to get jet black & I'm afraid the ACV will fade the color or dry my hair out too much because of the acidity. When I first used the henna/indigo I mixed the henna with dilute lemon juice & my hair felt very hard & stripped. That made me nervous about the ACV & its acid level. Since then I've used apple juice which left my hair feeling normal.
    Did BC Feb 2009 after 28 yrs of curly perms. Ditched wig June 2010 ,wearing flat twists & puff.Avatar me & my new BAA. Use Kinky Curly in summer & Qhemet or Shea Moisture Yucca in fall & winter. This winter is very harsh & caused dryness & breakage so I went back to wigs as protective style & using grease for first time since the 70s : Dax & Blue Magic.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*bump*101010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use it whenever my scalp eczema flares. I do it after I shampoo. I just dump some ACV on my scalp, take the burning little tingle and rinse. It feels wonderful after
    I would like to say thank you to whomever it was out there that PANKED me! You're a true blessing

Search for a kingdom worthy of your soul

http://public.fotki.com/KreativeKoils/current-styles/

9. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KreativeKoils View Post
    I use it whenever my scalp eczema flares. I do it after I shampoo. I just dump some ACV on my scalp, take the burning little tingle and rinse. It feels wonderful after
    Same here. It is the best low cost treatment for my seborrheic dermatitis. I also occasionally do a scalp cleansing between washes with very diluted ACV & oil. Works like a charm when I don't have time to wash my hair, but my scalp needs some TLC. The benefits for my hair are just welcomed side effects!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ACV is great for so many diff purposes (I also use as facial toner and deodorant). I fill a water bottle about a fourth of the way with ACV, and then top off with water and a few squirts of tea tree oil. After shampooing I pour on my head, concentrating on my scalp, and let sit while I take the rest of my shower then rinse. I haven't had problems with itchies and/or dandruff since incorporating this practice.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789