Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to try using these 2 ingredients to add a nice sheen to my hurr, but i'm not really sure how they should be used. I'm going to try using equal amounts of both mixed together but...

Do you wash it out?

If so, how long should i leave it in?

Should it be mixed with something else?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance...
    My two obsessions...

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/rdconyx/Copyof1343621_l.jpg[/img] Big Hair
    [img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/rdconyx/CopyofDonnaKaren-883944.jpg[/img] Fly Shoes

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mix both into in to my conditioner and sit with a conditioner cap on for about an hour to make a deep conditioner. I don't really measure it out just enough so that the conditoner is still creamy.

HTH

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honey and Olive oil can be used for many purposes.

You can make a "Shine Balm" using a mixture of 50% honey, 50% olive oil. Mix the two ingredients together over low heat and set aside to cool in a container. You can apply approx a nickle size drop to the ends of your hair after applying a leave in conditioner or moisturiser. You don't need to rinse it out.

Honey and olive oil can also be added to conditioners. You can add approx 1oz of each for every 8oz of conditioner. This will give your conditioner extra moisturization properties. For deep treatments you can leave it on as long as 30min-1hr.

You can also rub a small amount of Honey OR olive oil in your hands and simply smooth it onto your hair, on top of the conditioner. Either way, you should be able to feel a difference upon rinsing. You can also do this with Castor Oil.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much ladies!!!!
    My two obsessions...

[img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/rdconyx/Copyof1343621_l.jpg[/img] Big Hair
    [img]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n190/rdconyx/CopyofDonnaKaren-883944.jpg[/img] Fly Shoes

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just used this combo at the beginning of the month. I loved it for it's sheen and hold ability for my twists and twistouts. There are pics in my april album. No pw necessary.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great idea for the balm BlackPearls!

i like to add a bit of honey to my final rinse.
    i'll take an empty chinese soup container (the big one-i think it's about 32oz,) i put maybe a tblsp of honey (sometimes i also add a bit of vo5 condish) in the container & fill w/water. swish it around to make sure that the honey & conditioner are dissolved....then pour slowly over my hair.

after you get out of the shower, you can smooth a bit of olive oil or castor oil on your ends.

good luck!
    CHECK OUT MY FOTKI.......
    *pw is sanrio
    updated 8-21-07
    last cfc...august '05~~ BC....1/1/06

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honey and Olive oil can be used for many purposes.

You can make a "Shine Balm" using a mixture of 50% honey, 50% olive oil. Mix the two ingredients together over low heat and set aside to cool in a container. You can apply approx a nickle size drop to the ends of your hair after applying a leave in conditioner or moisturiser. You don't need to rinse it out.

Honey and olive oil can also be added to conditioners. You can add approx 1oz of each for every 8oz of conditioner. This will give your conditioner extra moisturization properties. For deep treatments you can leave it on as long as 30min-1hr.

You can also rub a small amount of Honey OR olive oil in your hands and simply smooth it onto your hair, on top of the conditioner. Either way, you should be able to feel a difference upon rinsing. You can also do this with Castor Oil.
    [/b]

Do you have to combine honey and olive oil over heat, or could you just get a container and put the ingredients inside and just shake the container to get them to mix?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can commerical grade honey be used or is it best to use raw honey?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I've been using pure clover honey from my local grocery store.

And I also agree with everyone else's uses of honey and olive oil. I mainly use olive oil when I deep condition. I mix warmed honey and olive oil and set it sit in my hair for about an hour before rinsing. Sometimes I just add them to my conditioner and let the mixture sit as well. When I co-wash during the week, I massage my hair with conditioner for about 2 minutes, then I add a small amount of honey and massage that in before rinsing.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Hey NP,

I tried the following as part of a growing honey addiction. It began with a drop added to a aspirin face mask, then a teaspoon in my spritz, finally yesterday I tried honey and olive oil as a prewash and post-shampoo conditioner and I am soo excited about the results I had to share.

I mixed one tablespoon of honey with one tablespoon of olive oil. I was quite unprepared for this so used the reguar rowse blossom honey that was in my fridge and virgin olive oil i keep for cooking.

Anyway for the prewash i just mixed the two and plopped it on my head with a shower cap, wrapped in a thermal vest (yes I said thermal vest, it's my top tip for keeping my head warm whilst mobile lol) and then a headscarf to keep it all on.

I was a little concerned that i had this sticky gunk on unwashed hair in heat so I took the thermal off after 15 minutes or so but stayed wrapped for a full 30.

Washed my hair with anita grants babussu bar with kelp and ylang ylang, and couldn't believe how my fingers were literally running smoothly through my hair as opposed to over it, with a bit of catch.

It normally doesn't feel this great until i ACV after the shampoo so as I had run out of ACV i decided I'd use the mix again to do a deep condition, this time I warmed it in the microwave for half a minute and left it on my hair for an hour (with thermal vest!) before rinsing

With much regret I've stopped using shea as whilst my hair loved it my forehead didn't and broke out in rebellion so I just moisturised my hair with a mix of coconut oil, aloe vera gel and anita's camellia kissi oil.

My previously brittle ends sprang into the softest coils and i plaited (or braided? Sorry i'm a UK napp) it all up. When I took it out this morning I didn't even have to use anita's coconut and sapote oil pomade for definition! Though it's still used for smoothing my edges.

I am one happy nappy who can't keep her hands out of her hair!!!
    [b]<div align="center">Freed the fro: August 2006</div>[/b]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast