User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Samielle1 Guest

I've noticed that alloooot of people, regardless of race, say they preferr darker features, then why is it that women of color(black, asian, etc.) still try to dye their hair blonde and get fake blue eyes. I guess that beauty standard only goes for men.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In some cases..yea...maybe its to make them feel as if they are "closer to white"...but in more cases I think its for a change of style..I mean..I know we've all seen the white girl who dyes her hair jet black..but not many people will say that she's trying to be something other than her race.
    I have "Good hair" ...we got African in our family my first Fotki!!! with new updates!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just saw this article:
    The number of blonds attending Howard is starting to increase according to some students, but they do not mean that White enrollment at the University has gone up.

Instead, they believe the number of Black girls opting for blond hair is rising and can be seen in Black women who dye or highlight their hair blond.

[/b]
    I can attest to that. At my college you can walk into any classroom,and you are guaranteed to see at least one black women with blonde hair or blonde highlights.

I must wonder how healthy it is to be dying the hair blonde esp. if the natural haircolor is black and you're not using henna. Then again it's not my hair...
    My fotki!
    ~small June update~

Samielle1 Guest

In some cases..yea...maybe its to make them feel as if they are "closer to white"...but in more cases I think its for a change of style..I mean..I know we've all seen the white girl who dyes her hair jet black..but not many people will say that she's trying to be something other than her race.
    [/b]

True. They just accuse them of being emo. or gothic. :lol: I have heard white people with natural black hair say they get accused of being gothic just because of their black hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed that alloooot of people, regardless of race, say they preferr darker features, then why is it that women of color(black, asian, etc.) still try to dye their hair blonde and get fake blue eyes. I guess that beauty standard only goes for men.
    [/b]
    I&#39;m guessing it&#39;s because that&#39;s the white standard of beauty. But if you ever notice something, white people these days LOVE to be tan and tan so much they start to look &#39;unnatural.&#39; So actually most of them do seem to prefer darker skin....they just don&#39;t want you to be BLACK (as in negro) with darker skin. Somehow that just aint so pretty <_< That is kinda funny though that saying "tall, dark, and handsome" when referring to men ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Samielle1 Guest

I had a teacher back in the 6th grade, she was white, she wasn&#39;t like pasty pale or anything, she was lightly tanned. We were talking about something, i forget. There me and another black girl (dark skinned) was in the class. She mentioned something about how she would like to have my color, &#39;not too dark, but yours would be just right." At the time, I didn&#39;t think much of it, but now, that sounded kind of messed up. She told that to me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

depends on who is wearing it, and how they wear it. i love to see short blonde cuts natural or re.laxed. and when they know how to wear it - it can be fierce, but then there are the ones who are just blonde, and it is just there, it doesnt look good if you dont work it, same with being napptural, if you dont work it, it doesnt look good, same with re.laxers if you dont work it...it is just blah. a str8 back ponytail is not sexy whether its blonde, re.laxed. or nappy...it has to be dressed up
    the prettiest person can look awful wearing blonde, if they dont wear it right
    [color=#CC33CC][u][i][SIZE=2][b]Napptureality[/b][/color][/i][/u]</span>
    <span style="color:#999999">BC 3/15/07 1 inch
    8/15/07- 4 inches
    1/4/09 7 inches

New Napp Awaiting Adoption (NNAA)[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also don&#39;t like blond on most people for the reasons mentioned above. It can look alright on SOME people but we all know a lot of blonds that don&#39;t need to be blond.

While we&#39;re on the subject of colors, everyone notice how light eyes are considered pretty? I know it&#39;s "different" or what not but it seems like things relating to the fairer side of the spectrum get more admiration.
    Transitioning start March 07
    BC date: Sunday, March 9, 2008

Samielle1 Guest

While we&#39;re on the subject of colors, everyone notice how light eyes are considered pretty? I know it&#39;s "different" or what not but it seems like things relating to the fairer side of the spectrum get more admiration.
    [/quote]

I think violet eyes are the most unusual and beautiful out of the bunch... as far as light eyes go. it&#39;s very rare to find someone with violet eyes.

As far as the other colors go, well, I really don&#39;t care.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I&#39;m not a big fan of this either, but I don&#39;t really like how dyed platinum blonde hair looks on most people, regardless of their skin colour. My personal taste is for the more natural side of things.
    [img]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/slinginariyeh/sunstar.jpg[/img]
    [url="http://frumhippie.blogspot.com"]My Blog[/url]

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast