Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I love locs!!!!! especially colored and curled!!
    but I do not think I could ever commit to them
    maybe when I turn 40 in like 20 years or so
    however.....

have any of you ever gotten silky dreds done where I do believe they wrap a silky thread around your hair
    for that loc/dred look
    if so did you like it?

do any of you have pics of some done on your hair??

[url="http://www.fotki.com/wavesofmotion"]http://www.fotki.com/wavesofmotion[/url]

------------------------------------------------
    [color=#CC33CC]Napptural Hair= Its an OBSESSION[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:taz: Bump anyone?
    [url="http://www.fotki.com/wavesofmotion"]http://www.fotki.com/wavesofmotion[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't gotten them before but I plan to get them in the future. If you decide to go for it, let me know how they turned out!
    Last CFC: November 2004 BC & 100% Natural Since: March 25, 2005 (8 yrs!)
    View "My Hair Journey" (Parts 1 - 3) at: https://www.facebook.com/tiana.townsell/photos_albums
    Ms. Nappturality 2008, Ms. Black Washington USA 2009 The journey is the reward

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen a number of them done here. They look just like braids wrapped with synthetic hair and are very shiny. I guess they're an alternative if someone wants the look of locs without the commitment. But they'd never be mistaken for real locs to those that know what they look like.
    I just want you to recognize me in the temple, you can't hurt me I found peace within myself--Michael Jackson (RIP)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awhile back in the BH mag I saw some extensions that look like locs and the stylist put them in using a technique similiar to tree braiding. she braided some hair with extensions them let them hang out then addign some more extension then let them hang out, etc. They looked real (guess cuz they were real locs just not the models) and they looked neat to! If i can find what issue it was in i'll PM you

You also crochet (sp?) the locs in like how ppl do crochet braids... :dunno: it could work
    [i][color=#33CC00][SIZE=2]The Green One[/color]</span>[/i]
    With [color=#FF0000]Love,[/color] [color=#33CC00]Peace,[/color] [color=#000000]Pride,[/color] & [color=#FF0000]P[/color][color=#33CC00]o[/color][color=#000000]w[/color][color=#FF0000]e[/color]<span style="color:#33CC00">r[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have that issue BeUtifull is referring to. That technique is a lot quicker and easier than the other way of doing it. I&#39;ve always wanted them, and have practiced on a mannequin with kanekalon. I have to find someone who will do it, but I&#39;d rather use kinky hair to make them look more natural.

Hairtalk by Duyan James has a good picture of and variations of them in her book. I will definitely make sure I post pics when I eventually get them.
    [SIZE=2]"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it."
    ~Henry Ford[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awhile back in the BH mag I saw some extensions that look like locs and the stylist put them in using a technique similiar to tree braiding. she braided some hair with extensions them let them hang out then addign some more extension then let them hang out, etc. They looked real (guess cuz they were real locs just not the models) and they looked neat to! If i can find what issue it was in i&#39;ll PM you

You also crochet (sp?) the locs in like how ppl do crochet braids... :dunno: it could work
    [/b]
    Saw a woman at the local festival with crochet locs....they looked like a really bad weave. After seeing all the folks out there with real locs and how beautiful they looked, if I had been wearing them, I&#39;d be embarassed.
    I just want you to recognize me in the temple, you can&#39;t hurt me I found peace within myself--Michael Jackson (RIP)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awhile back in the BH mag I saw some extensions that look like locs and the stylist put them in using a technique similiar to tree braiding. she braided some hair with extensions them let them hang out then addign some more extension then let them hang out, etc. They looked real (guess cuz they were real locs just not the models) and they looked neat to! If i can find what issue it was in i&#39;ll PM you

[/b]
    I too have seen the issue of the mag you&#39;re talking about, they faux locks looked so pretty! There is a salon in Brooklyn that does the faux locks and they look so real and very pretty. I might try dig up the old article and try the service out one summer.
    <div align="center">http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...nnerfornap.jpg</div>
    <div align="center">Sugarysnowpea&#39;s fotki!</div>
    <div align="center">yOu gotta be logged in to see the g00ds! Will be invisable to non fotki members :)</div>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw a woman at the local festival with crochet locs....they looked like a really bad weave. After seeing all the folks out there with real locs and how beautiful they looked, if I had been wearing them, I&#39;d be embarassed.
    [/b]
    :lol: never seen that but if you say it looked bad, i believe you... It was just an idea

I thought the faux locks looked really cute too! I want some but I cant find anyone in Atl who knows how to do them
    [i][color=#33CC00][SIZE=2]The Green One[/color]</span>[/i]
    With [color=#FF0000]Love,[/color] [color=#33CC00]Peace,[/color] [color=#000000]Pride,[/color] & [color=#FF0000]P[/color][color=#33CC00]o[/color][color=#000000]w[/color][color=#FF0000]e[/color]<span style="color:#33CC00">r[/SIZE]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my friends had gotten them done but with a copper brownish color, and they were medium sized. She also had them styled in a up do and it was soooooo pretty.

For some people they look pretty, and for some they don&#39;t. I know one girl she wore them for about a WHOLE YEAR and you could really see her thin hair and it just looked a mess!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast