Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone else determined to get fit in 2018?

Quote Originally Posted by law View Post
    Yep I am fed up and making 2018 my year. I had lost about 60lbs about seven years ago and kept it off for three years before gaining it all back. I have figured out calorie counting an I don't get along. I already knew a very restrictive diet won't work for me. I have always exorcised so that isn't a problem, but I need to step that up. I had been reading up on fasting so a few days before new years I started intermittent fasting and it works great for me (down 9lbs currently). I think it is working because I realized that many times I ate because I just thought I should (breakfast is the most important meal of the day ......NOT). I find it helps me to eat when I am actually hungry. I have not changed what I eat just the time I eat. This is something I believe I can easily stick with. We will see.

Side not I have also started jumping rope more. I like doing it and doesn't require a gym. All I need is a rope. I jogged for years but I am just bored with it
    I think intermittent fasting helps with calorie restriction, you're just consuming less because you're eating within a shorter window.It's the same idea, but packaged a different way. Its a great tool! Either way, I'm glad its working with you. I've always had issues with jumping ropes because i have a very large bust (HH cup) I haven't jumped anything since middle school

I've been trying to be mindful for my overall calories, but not like strict tracking. I'm losing an average for 1 pound a week, however today is weigh in day so lets see how that goes lol. I haven't been back to the gym since my injury.

Anyone have any daily wellness practices or fit hacks they have? I've been trying to drink Apple Cider Vinegar with my tea each day- my skin has had fewer breakouts. I've also drastically reduced my sweetened beverage intake. Also, trying to get my 10.000 steps each day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intermediate fasting can be a way to restrict calories (for those who don't over eat during the eating window), but I tend to exercise during the fasting period which is suppose to help burn fat (no carbs or sugar in system to burn). So I am averaging about two pounds a week for now. But now that I have started eating this way I really like it.

I am very lucky I have moderate boobage which my trusty sports bra takes care of....LOL. So I can see why jumping rope is not an option for you Brown.Beautiful. I hate the gym. I just don't go. If I can't work out at home or outside my front door I just don't. I am way too lazy to get my self together, to go somewhere, to work out.

I do either have ACV in water or lemon and water during the day. At first it was to stave off hunger, but now I just like it. There does not appear to be a difference in my skin. I do try for 10,000 steps a day (with limited success). Winter is not a good time for me I tend to hibernate.
    "You Tied that thing up outside?" said Kepler. "What if he got hungry and ate a mailman or a kindergarten class or something? The least you could do is tie a decent knot." Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roll call!

How are we doing? It's been a month since the last post.

I've gone up and down this month. I traveled so that made things go up, but overall I think I'm down a total 2 pounds for the month. Not impressive but progress. Hoping to go down a least 5 this month.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm late, but I'm in!

I had a goal to start running and get to a half marathon by Christmas last year, but I felt like I had to stop when I got pregnant After I recover from the birth I'm going to put him in a sling and start power walking then go from there. I want to start swimming again soon, but I'm having issues figuring out what to do with my hair besides cornrows.

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thePerfectFool View Post
    I'm late, but I'm in!

I had a goal to start running and get to a half marathon by Christmas last year, but I felt like I had to stop when I got pregnant After I recover from the birth I'm going to put him in a sling and start power walking then go from there. I want to start swimming again soon, but I'm having issues figuring out what to do with my hair besides cornrows.
    I thread my hair so I don't really have to do much to it when it comes to exercise. I don't thread to stretch I make it look like twists but it tends to last longer (thread holding it in place) and stay neater through washes.

I am doing great since the new year I am down 18lbs through jumping rope and intermittent fasting. There has not been setbacks here and there, but more moving forward than backward Good luck everybody!
    "You Tied that thing up outside?" said Kepler. "What if he got hungry and ate a mailman or a kindergarten class or something? The least you could do is tie a decent knot." Metzger's Dog by Thomas Perry

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brown.Beautiful View Post
    Roll call!

How are we doing? It's been a month since the last post.

I've gone up and down this month. I traveled so that made things go up, but overall I think I'm down a total 2 pounds for the month. Not impressive but progress. Hoping to go down a least 5 this month.
    Up and down happens. It happened to me too.

Trying to keep up with being consistent with exercise and making sure that I have enough fruits and veggies daily. I've lost a couple more pounds, and it's slow. Some weeks I don't lose at all. Some weeks I'll gain a pound back, but I really feel like as long as the trend line is going down, I'm good.

I'm slowly getting back into pilates once a week, and I'm slowly turning up the intensity on my aerobic workouts in terms of resistance and time. I just need to keep getting stronger.

As I'm also getting back out there dating-wise, so I'm inspired to keep it moving just so I can feel confident.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, 50 by 50....Iwill hit that lovely half-century milestone in August and I'm determined to lose as much as I can b/w now and then, hell even if it's half that I would be happy! I used to be so limber and active and now I can feel things going downhill fast and I know it's the weight grrrrrrr....I had plantar that has gotten better with orthotics and minor knee surgery last summer....ugh, I DO NOT want to be debilitated as I age and my primary is not even mincing words anymore, she's like you HAVE TO DO THIS!

I've got a gym and pool around the corner so I'm just going to go....I'm a mile from the river bed so I'll do a wog there and back as often as I can as the weather gets nicer too....this week is all about the water tho...trying to do 100 ounces per day....and Farmer's Market season is upon us, fresh fruits and veggies also in walking distance...dang ya'll I have NO EXCUSE!!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also up and down!

on the upside i've been consistently going to yoga once a week and i've just hired one of my college friends who is now training to be a dietitian

on the downside i haven't been to the gym in what feels like ages and i should probably head out today...

since i've talked about calorie counting here, also think i should throw it out there that she (the to-be-dietitian) wasn't a fan of my strict calorie counting methods. didn't find them sustainable, which, to be fair, she's right about.
    ----------It is not the eyes that are blind, but the hearts - Quran 22:46 ----------
    ╔═══╗
    ║███║ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
    ║ (o) Now Playing: Confessions of a Long Hair Diva
    ╚═══╝

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Up and down on the eating, nowhere on the exercise.

It may seem weird, but with today being the start of Daylight Saving Time, I feel I have permission to start walking outside more. They're not great at shoveling sidewalks here, but there are walking paths very close to where I live and those are typically clear.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thePerfectFool | Welcome! Congrats on the pregnancy! I want to learn how to swim it's something that never happened. I feel like this summer might be a good time to do that! One day I would like do a triathlon. That's a solid decade away though lol.

@law| IF works great for me when I work it. Which sequence are you on? 20:4? When I do fast my body feels most energetic. My pitfall is social eating which in NYC is something that happens often in the winter!

@Scribetastic | These dating shenanigans make me eat more LOL

@Savvyone| I blame this winter partially. Two NorEasterns in a week and just frigid temps! I did do a class last week and but otherwise its just about getting home!

@underthehood| What are your thoughts on programs like WW? In the past i've had success but when I go off its a mess. But its like a budget but with calories. I suppose its the same as regular calorie counting. Intermittent Fasting help with calorie restriction too because you're eating less (ideally).

@LBellatrix| Be encouraged! And now that we have more daylight you'll feel better about being out and about. The winter is for the birds lol.

I'm encouraged ladies!

11. Thanks LBellatrix, underthehood thanked for this post
    Likes underthehood, Scribetastic liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast