My pics

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey ladies! I'm looking for an awesome eyeshadow palette. I looked up BH cosmetics and the products look great....but then I heard they are chalky and over priced...not bad but not great. Someone else mentioned coastal scents but thought they were made by the same company.....IDK what to look for. I want my eye shadow to be shimmery, not too glossy cause I don't want to look greasy! Also I am not a huge fan of matte but sometimes it's okay. I know..I'm asking alot. Maybe I should just shop around. I bought an e.l.f. palette but is not impressed. The color doesn't stay well...at least it was only 5 bucks! I can use it for blending and stuff, but not for a "look"! HELP!!!!
    "Love is patient and kind, Love is not jealous, conceited, proud or boastful, it is not arrogant, selfish, irritable or rude. Love does not keep a record of wrongs. Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth, Love never gives up , and its faith, hope and patience never fail. Love is eternal." - 1 Corinthians 13 :))

MoNappy28-Holla! http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff194/soulstar79/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe that BH and CS both buy those palettes from a wholeseller so the only difference is the name the put on the outside.

I have a palette by coastal scents and I love it. I opted for the matte, though. I can tell you that I absolutely LOVE my eyeshadows. I use milk of magnesia as my primer and the pigment of the shadows always show through. A few of my shadows are more subject to fall out than others, but other than that, it was the best $20 I've ever spent on makeup.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am new to wearing eyeshadow as of last weekend. So far so good. I started off with some cheap eyeshadow (professional from walgreens) until I get to a level of applying that I am comfortable with. I have been looking on ebay at Manly eyeshadows. Has anyone tried this brand? If so, what are your thoughts?
    Stand For Something, or You'll Fall For Anything
    BC 5/23/09
    loc journey 9/6/10

http://members.fotki.com/Chocodoll/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monappy28 View Post
    Hey ladies! I'm looking for an awesome eyeshadow palette. I looked up BH cosmetics and the products look great....but then I heard they are chalky and over priced...not bad but not great. Someone else mentioned coastal scents but thought they were made by the same company.....IDK what to look for. I want my eye shadow to be shimmery, not too glossy cause I don't want to look greasy! Also I am not a huge fan of matte but sometimes it's okay. I know..I'm asking alot. Maybe I should just shop around. I bought an e.l.f. palette but is not impressed. The color doesn't stay well...at least it was only 5 bucks! I can use it for blending and stuff, but not for a "look"! HELP!!!!
    Yeah they are sold by the same company, I'd say that the chalky factor can be avoided with proper application and prep. If you don't like matte then purchase the palette with the satiny texture because they'll provide you with the shimmer that you'd want.

ETA: I like my BH palette but that's just me. It was a lot cheaper and better quality than what I bought from sephora lol.
    noirmuse
    A new year: I'm ready to accept my potential and achieve my success in all its forms...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monappy28 View Post
    I have the Warm, matte and shimmer palettes from Coastal Scents. Since I typically wear more than one shadow at a time, I mix my matte with my shimmer for a perfect shade. The colours I don't like, I use them as eyeliners so no shade in any of the Coastal Scents palette is unused.

As for E.L.F. I'm thinking of purchasing their Beauty Book ($5). I've been using one of their quads for the last two weeks and I love it. I thought the shadows would be chalky but they're close to perfect. Is the Beauty Book the product you bought or one of the quads?

My vote is that you can go with either one ... Coastal Scents or BH. You have nothing to loose ... just get a great blending brush and you'll be kosher especially since you're just experimenting with what works for you.
    Last edited by Neosoul; 04-14-2011 at 12:44 AM.
    Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
    ~Judy Garland~
    Back to Loose Hair: March 2013
    My DreadLoc Story: Updates 9.22.2010

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocodoll View Post
    I am new to wearing eyeshadow as of last weekend. So far so good. I started off with some cheap eyeshadow (professional from walgreens) until I get to a level of applying that I am comfortable with. I have been looking on ebay at Manly eyeshadows. Has anyone tried this brand? If so, what are your thoughts?
    I have the Manly palette and it's good. I just don't use it much because I have so much other ish lol! Honestly, using a good eyeshadow primer and proper application can make most eyeshadows work.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate CurlyGirl View Post
    I have the Manly palette and it's good. I just don't use it much because I have so much other ish lol! Honestly, using a good eyeshadow primer and proper application can make most eyeshadows work.
    Lol, thanks Choc. The eyeshadow I have just doesn't show up well, I think I will be ordering the palette this weekend.

Came back to add.......I just watched your "organization" video and I don't think I have EVER seen that much make up, shoes, or hair stuff in anyone's home in my life! LOl. Just gimme your address and no one will get hurt!!! LOL
    Last edited by chocodoll; 04-15-2011 at 03:53 AM.
    Stand For Something, or You'll Fall For Anything
    BC 5/23/09
    loc journey 9/6/10

http://members.fotki.com/Chocodoll/

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast