Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NEW-NAPS View Post
    can baby get the same nutrients from bottled breast milk?
    Of course! But, you have to worry about right temperature, storage, sterilizing bottles, etc - not a huge headache but not as "fool proof" as right from the tap, KWIM?

And, in order for your supply not to be affected by the lack of direct stimulation by the baby, you'd have to pump around the clock - like seriously every two hours. That's a lot of pump parts to clean continuously, but it's a necessary evil for moms who's babies are to small to suck or various other issues where mom can't nurse directly.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hugs! I think when we are pregnant we agonize over lots of things and find that it all works out in the end.

Here's another viewpoint:
    Oxytocin is a hormone produced by the body during 1. Orgasm 2. Milk let down and 3. Labor--it causes the uterus to contract.
    Now this one hormone here floods the body during different times but the sensation is not at all the same. Orgasms are great but they feel a whole heck of a lot different from labor contractions. So this one hormone produces a wide range of sensations in the body from intense pleasure to intense pain. When you breastfeed, you may feel your milk let down as a rush of warmness but not all experience this. Oxytocin also causes you to feel relaxed so breastfeeding is nature's way of soothing not only baby, but also mom during the stress of newborn life. So, just a different perspective.

Also, I am still nursing my 22 month old and haven't experienced arousal in the same sense I do during grown up times. I do get sleepy/ relaxed but we nurse only in the a.m. And before bed so that may contribute to it. There is some nipple sensitivity to get used to. Babies have a powerful suck. By the way, I was also sexually abused as a child and becoming a mother and nursing my baby and watching her grow into a strong, healthy, chubby baby from the milk my body produced empowered me in a way that nothing else had before motherhood.

Good luck to you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trudiva04 View Post
    Ok so i'm not actually against it, I just don't think I can do it.

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and the idea of breastfeeding is freaking me out. I'm really ashamed and embarrassed but wanted to know if anyone else ever felt like this and how do i get over it.

To put it frankly, my breasts are sexual. That's all they have been used for my entire life. I don't want to be aroused by my child. It freaks me out thinking about my son or daughter sucking on my breasts. And i feel terrible because i know breastmilk is best and I want to give my child the best but i can't get past this.

Please help........
    I've breast fed all 5 of my babies for about a year each time--and I NEVER felt sexually aroused. Matter of fact nursing makes me have nothing but mommy thoughts. In fact, I'm very attracted to my husband but he understands that I don't even like for him to look my way when I'm nursing because the two just don't mix--for me. Period.

Sex is more than physical stimulation. I don't know about the women you read about in the forums, but when I am nursing my babies I look at them as my babies nothing sexy whatsoever. At times the release from having the baby nurse after holding milk for too long can feel good--but in the same way it feels good to have a bowel movement after holding it for too long. Sorry to use such a raw example--but there it is! I have sweet mommy feelings of how much I love my baby and how nice it is to have him/her close to me and finally get a moment to just bask in all their wonderful baby sweetest--but that is all.

Now the sexual assault issue a whole other hurdle. So sorry you went through that. Sounds like you need more time for healing. If you just can't overcome it--pumping is a good idea. Just do your best! I hope you succeed in breastfeeding.
    Last edited by NeverGiveup; 10-19-2011 at 08:33 PM.
    Nappy hair isn't burdensome. Dispel the myths early--blogging nappy hair care for girls.
    Blog
    Fotki
    CherishMyDaughter on YouTube and Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i know this is super late and nobody really cares but i felt like updating anyway.

I had my baby boy and we both took to breastfeeding right away! It wasn't sexual or anything i though (or feared) it would be. He latched on at the first try and it's been great.

Kenyon is now 5 months old and I only JUST stopped breastdeeding a week ago (reluctantly). He had only gained 2 pounds in 4 months so we had to start supplementing with formula and put him on bottles because I don't produce enough. But I still pump evey 3 hours so a majority of his diet is still breastmilk so Yay me!

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies!
    Last relaxer : May 08
    BC : January 2, 2009

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so i know this is super late and nobody really cares but i felt like updating anyway.

I had my baby boy and we both took to breastfeeding right away! It wasn't sexual or anything i though (or feared) it would be. He latched on at the first try and it's been great.

Kenyon is now 5 months old and I only JUST stopped breastdeeding a week ago (reluctantly). He had only gained 2 pounds in 4 months so we had to start supplementing with formula and put him on bottles because I don't produce enough. But I still pump evey 3 hours so a majority of his diet is still breastmilk so Yay me!

So happy for you! I was hoping you'd come back and update on your birth

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's wonderful news! I'm so glad you had a positive outcome and experience! And that's wonderful that your baby boy took to breastfeeding right away! My DD wouldn't latch so I ended up pumping for 6 months which was so bittersweet for me as I really wanted to breastfeed the regular way. I wish you all the best in healing from your past and enjoying your future with your precious bundle!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So happy to hear it worked out well for you and your son. We can only guess at how we will feel about something before it happens. We all of us can only do the best we can with the information we have.

DeBe

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats! Great news.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's AWESOME!!! Congrats to the both of you! I'm so glad you updated!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congratulations to you and the new member of your family!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast