Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to get better at checking the ingredients of my foods the same way I do with my hair products...for Jesus sakes I just ate a pastry cake that had sulfates in them...I limit using sulfates on my hair but I turn around and eat the jokers...yeah okay...something is wrong with this picture
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deciding to go natural really was just a hair choice for me and did not spill into other aspects of my life. However, since I found nappurality.com, I have become more interested in adapting a healthier lifestyle. Since becoming more active in different threads on this board, I have increased my water intake, adjusted my diet, started researching holistic ways to address illnesses/conditions, and just recently I switched to natural deoderant. So all in all, it wasn't changing my hairstyle that made the difference, it was joining nappturality.com.
    Last edited by MzCuteBrownLeo; 11-14-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amoraphobic View Post
    Transitioners and newly naturals, do you plan on striving for a more natural lifestyle?

I'm not so sure. When I finally decided to transition this year, my only focus was my hair, getting it healthy and taking care of it, which I'm doing. And my hair, is the only thing "natural" in my life. lol

It never even crossed my mind to change my diet and other aspects of my life. Reading about the different topics (diet, and ingredients) here on NP has definitely made me more aware of things. But as for now I have no plans of making any other major changes. Maybe as time goes on I'll consider it. But it would definitely be a major change for me if I did.

Where the sky is blue and the grass in green
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been washing my hair with just water for the past 2 months and my hair feels great. For the first month I washed it everyday so my hair and scalp could get used to getting washed with just water while my hair was in box braids. I noticed after the month and I took the braids out that my hair was extremely dry. It felt like that cause the water was washing my hair just like shampoo would do, but I didn't use conditioner afterward. So now I do a water wash once a week, deep condition and use a ph-balanced leave in and my hair feels wonderful.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't be veg because I need my meat. I used be be veg but my body doesn't store iron well and it almost killed me so it was back to steak and burgers.

I live as naturally as possible and minimize my chemical usage. I buy natural cleaning and personal products, use a lot of citrus, natural air fresheners and laundry powders. I even use Body Crystal and have for about 5 years now. I prefer natural fibers against my skin like cotton and hemp. I don't have any fluros in the house and prefer big windows with natural light.

So I do what I can in all areas of my life.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it started with just my hair and now it has evolved to my body. i figured if i was just using natural products on my hair, i need to do the same with my body products. so i only use natural products for my face and body (the only thing i use that is not natural is my deoderant and spf. i'm trying to find some good alternatives that work). i'm starting to eat better.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it just got the ball rolling or gave me an extra insight into healthier alternatives for things. But I would say ive done anything in direct relation to my hair.

I do however pride myself on being "natural" and what i mean is real hair, real nails, real curves, that sort of thing

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In what way is a vegetarian more "natural" than an omnivore? Animals are formed in nature Unless you're referring to the ~meat~ they serve at Mc Doodoo's and such lol.
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electra View Post
    In what way is a vegetarian more "natural" than an omnivore? Animals are formed in nature Unless you're referring to the ~meat~ they serve at Mc Doodoo's and such lol.

GIFSoup

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Electra View Post
    Yup, I have canine teeth for a reason
    "The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions" - John Rushkin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast