Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Oil Pulling

I see the old thread is closed. I started doing this 2-3 weeks ago. I have been really into Ayurveda since learning about it in one of my classes in school. The first week I started the oil pulling my mouth broke out in a rash! It is now healed. I love how my breath smell fresh and my teeth and mouth feel so clean! It has also got me in the habit of flossing. Anyone else still doing this? http://www.nappturality.com/forum/sh...18-Oil-Pulling

2. Thanks Sohful1 thanked for this post
    Likes Kurliez liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup i'm doing this. I have been oil pulling every damn day since mid Jan. I love it and I will be a puller for life.

when I first started pulling my detox symptoms were just crazy mucous and a horrible sore throat. I still get phlegm in the morning but not like I used to when I first started. my gums, lips, tongue are pinker. i used to have bleeding gums and that is no more. what confirmed that oil pulling was for me is when I went to the dentist. my dental hygenist said i have really healthy dental tissues. I was totally sold from that moment on.

In those first weeks I was gonna give up. I mean between the sore throat and the phlegm, I was totally done. but I thugged it out and I'm so happy I did.

I use organic sesame seed oil. have no plans to change the oil I'm using.

I haven't noticed the whiter teeth that others have raved about. still waiting on that. my my mouth and teeth look great.

so far oils have been my friend. i oil pull and oil cleanse. these two practices have me glowing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

4. Thanks jorjeni thanked for this post
    Likes jorjeni, Kurliez liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried this yesterday, uhmmm I don't know how I feel about it. I hate the taste of oil in my mouth. Will give it another try.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkiesmallz View Post
    I tried this yesterday, uhmmm I don't know how I feel about it. I hate the taste of oil in my mouth. Will give it another try.
    I know right! The first day I was like I don't know about this LOL Now I kind of miss it when I don't do it. I was doing it twice a day but cut down cause I was detoxing to hard.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    yup i'm doing this. I have been oil pulling every damn day since mid Jan. I love it and I will be a puller for life.

when I first started pulling my detox symptoms were just crazy mucous and a horrible sore throat. I still get phlegm in the morning but not like I used to when I first started. my gums, lips, tongue are pinker. i used to have bleeding gums and that is no more. what confirmed that oil pulling was for me is when I went to the dentist. my dental hygenist said i have really healthy dental tissues. I was totally sold from that moment on.

In those first weeks I was gonna give up. I mean between the sore throat and the phlegm, I was totally done. but I thugged it out and I'm so happy I did.

I use organic sesame seed oil. have no plans to change the oil I'm using.

I haven't noticed the whiter teeth that others have raved about. still waiting on that. my my mouth and teeth look great.

so far oils have been my friend. i oil pull and oil cleanse. these two practices have me glowing.
    So glad to hear this is working good for you and your dental issues that is my main goal too. Once I learned how bad having poor dental hygiene was to you health and even weight loss sleep issues , digestion. I have been on the path to better dental care. I always brushed my teeth I can't go a day without doing so but I wasn't doing anything else and I was NOT going to the dentist for regular cleaning. I now am and have then already scheduled I hope my next visit she will see a difference !!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not familiar with oil pulling, but I am now intrigued! I may be giving it a try - not looking forward to the taste/feel of a mouth full of oil, but I'd love to experience those benefits!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i swear you get used to it. just swish while you are doing other things. time will fly by. i pull while i'm getting ready in the morning. by the time i oil cleanse, dry bush and wash up 15 mins is up.

try to stick with it for at least a month. you will start seeing results sooner than that but give it at least some time. i've been doing it since jan and i'm just now noticing the benefits. i looked at my gums and was like damn they are hella pink and healthy looking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

10. Thanks Kurliez thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    i swear you get used to it. just swish while you are doing other things. time will fly by. i pull while i'm getting ready in the morning. by the time i oil cleanse, dry bush and wash up 15 mins is up.

try to stick with it for at least a month. you will start seeing results sooner than that but give it at least some time. i've been doing it since jan and i'm just now noticing the benefits. i looked at my gums and was like damn they are hella pink and healthy looking.
    I just took a video or tried to anyway of my gums LOL!! I want to see what they look like in a few months. Also I cut down on the amount of oil. I was doing 1 teaspoon but after a while with the oil and spit I could not keep it in my mouth LOL it would squirt out LOL so I cut it down to 1/2 tsp and I can handle that better. My favorite thing is I was having this problem with food always being stuck in between my teeth and smelling foul when I would try to get it out and it seemed like no matter how much I brushed my mouth never felt clean. Now I love the way my mouth and teeth feel and it helps get the stuff out from in between my teeth so I don't have that stink from that. I also do it when I am getting dressed while I am taking my shower or at night when I am online or watching TV. I set my timer and most times now it goes by so fast.

12. Likes Kurliez liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just oil pulled today before brushing my teeth. I did it with Virgin cold pressed coconut oil. My teeth didn't seem cleaner, but the morning breath seemed to improve. Maybe the smell of the coconut was just masking it. Other than that, I didn't notice much else. Teeth were the same color before and after. There was a bit of phlegm coming up that wasn't there before, but that might not have been the oil.

It also didn't turn white; it was just all clear. The amount of saliva greatly increased over the 17ish minutes, so it was hard to keep. I didn't find it hard or gross to do at all. I started with a 2 teaspoons, I might do less and perhaps try a different oil after a week or so. If this is something that keeps breath fresh for a long time, then it will be worth it.

14. Likes Kurliez liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone done this with castor oil? It seems like it would work best for mouth cleaning since it has cleaning properties. It's what I use to oil cleanse my face and does a better job of cleaning and wiping away neatly than EVOO.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast