Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile 2nd Attempt

Hi Ladies -

This is my second go at this and regret not reading this site the first time. I think I would have done much better.

So it has been 9 weeks since my last perm and I'm not getting another. I cut my hair short last time a few weeks after a perm and just let my new hair grow in natural and kept it that way. I think the BC effect was difficult for me and so now with my hair just below my ears I don't want to BC again. I think I'm going to try the straw set route for a few weeks. I was considering micro braids but don't want to risk breakage around the edges. We'll see how the transition goes. I may end up BC'ing sooner than I'd like, but I do plan on getting braids later this fall if the length is not where I want it by then.

Praying all goes well....so far I've learned A LOT thanks to the experiences of the ladies on this site.....thanks so much.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default DAX

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalMystery View Post
    [font=Comic Sans Ms][font=Comic Sans Ms]Hello everyone,

I am a new and very pleased member of this site! The info you can read here is just GREAT.
    I am in the transitioning process for the 2nd time.

I have a few questions ! Where can u buy this Apple Cider Vinegar?
    Does anyone here have any expedience with the baby products soft & precious? A friend of mines who is all natural uses the detangle conditioner and it work well for her!

I have been told several times that DAX (the black one) pomade is very good for your hair! I myself have used it on and off with no complains, does anyone have any exsperience with it growing your hair ?
    Hey there, I'm responding specifically to the DAX portion of your question. When I was younger and naptural, I remembered my mom using the BLACK dax in my hair - just to try it. (smelt horrible to me) If I'm not mistaken there is also a green or blue one - well the black one resulted in my hair breaking while the other colour was nourishing - go figure. I have cousins who parents use only the black dax and their hair is healthy and beautiful. So I guess it's all about what your hair likes. Never again will black DAX touch my hair
    Try it and see - if when you try it your hair is left left dry/brittle - that's not a good sign.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cheap leave in

Is there a list on this forum of cheap but good leave in conditioners? I did search and didn't find anything
    I would rather not have to home make any if possible. But still want a good leave in conditioner without having to spend an arm and a leg.

Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brynisha1980 View Post
    Is there a list on this forum of cheap but good leave in conditioners? I did search and didn't find anything
    Here are all the threads on leave in conditioners: http://www.nappturality.com/forum/se...archid=1116695

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello, fellow transitioners! I have been transitioning for 5 months now. However, I have yet to wash my own hair. In fact, in all of my years on this earth, I have never washed my own hair. I plan on washing and styling my own hair once I'm completely natural, but waiting until then, I don't think that's a good idea. So I plan on wahing my hair FOR THE FIRST TIME this weekend, but I don't know where to start in looking for shampoos and conditioners! I haven't had any breakage thus far, and I'm afraid that my hair will begin to break off if I possibly do something wrong. Should I just start trying out products to see what works for me?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello fellow transitioners! I have been transitioning for 5 months now, and I have yet to wash my own hair; in fact, in all of my years on this earth, I have never washed my own hair. I plan on washing and styling my hair myself once I'm completely natural, but I don't think that it'd be a good idea to wait until then to get started. The issue is that I don't know where to start looking for shampoos and conditioners. I have not had any breakage thus far, and I'm afraid that my hair will begin to break off if I possibly do something wrong...? Do I just try out products until I find out what works for me?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been transitioning for about two months now and can not find the right products to use on my hair. I did not do the big chop. My hair is just dry and rough. I need some suggestions please. Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by naturalengineer View Post
    Hello fellow transitioners! I have been transitioning for 5 months now, and I have yet to wash my own hair; in fact, in all of my years on this earth, I have never washed my own hair. I plan on washing and styling my hair myself once I'm completely natural, but I don't think that it'd be a good idea to wait until then to get started. The issue is that I don't know where to start looking for shampoos and conditioners. I have not had any breakage thus far, and I'm afraid that my hair will begin to break off if I possibly do something wrong...? Do I just try out products until I find out what works for me?
    Hello!

I would say to do your reasearch on what products are good for natural hair. One of the best pieces of advice I received is to treat your transitioning hair as if it is all natural. The process is all about trial and error so do that until you find out what works for you.

You mentioned that you haven't washed your own hair in five months....I assume that someone else is washing your hair at home or you are going to a salon, which may explain the dryness. Salons use their basic products, many of which are harsh for natural hair, that is why it is important to do some research on your own. Many posts on here outline members' hair regimens so what I did was find a regimen that I liked and tweaked it to my personal hair care needs.

When you wash, you will have some shed hair but it shouldn't be anything to get overly alarmed about, but your hair isn't gonna freak out if you wash it yourself lol...Baby steps...cause I never used to wash my own hair either until I started transitioning.

Hope this helps
    Loc'ed and Lovely!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have been natural for about 1 month. I have been using shea butter on my hair but it still seems dry? Does anyone have any suggestions?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all,

Quick question: are braids ever a good option for hair styling? I'm thinking of twist extensions and cornrows- not micro braids. I understand that you'd need to moisturize.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast