User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    _Empress_ Guest

So I've been through all the commercial products possible and I've ended up in the "African Pride Line". But I am still not comfortable with my hair. It dries out easily, despite moisturising everyday, my scalp is always flaking. No matter how often I moisturise it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I've tried switching over from commercial to natural products but for the life of me I can't find unrefined shea butter anywhere, nor coconut oil....I can't order rom Asha's or Qhemet or anyone else for that matter because I don't live in the U.S. I feel like everything is going dowhill right along with my self confidence

I'm trying hard to get on the protective style band wagon but with this itchy scalp, and my dry hair, my styles don't last more than a few days before they are frizzy and begin looking as if I've had them in for weeks on end.

I don't know what else to do and I'm becoming pretty sad because I feel as though my hair will be like this forever. I've been natural for almost one year, and still haven't gotten the hang of it. My edges are thin, my hair is super dry....AAAAAAAAAHHH...It has gotten to the point where I wonder if being natural is for everyone or if I'll ever learn what my hair likes/dislikes

I've tried doing everything possible to tweak my routine but I think I'm losing the race ladies. I'm so lost !!

http://spaces.msn.com/members/expressionz/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hang in there, Empress. Your hair looks gorgeous in your avatar, so you must be doing something right!

For the shea butter and coconut oil, try agbangakarite.com - they ship internationally.

Whenever I have a case of the itchy scalps, I spritz my hair with water and peppermint oil. As an alternative, you can create a spritz with half and half Seabreeze Toner and water. I'm not sure where you live or if Seabreeze is available there. But, I'm certain that you can find peppermint - if not the oil, then the tea should work just as well.

Did you try the no-poo method? To quell dryness, I leave a bit of my conditioner in (don't rinse completely out).

_Empress_ Guest

Thanks for replying krenaye76, i'll look on that website for sure.

I've tried No poo, I've tried olive oil treatments and the moisture doesn't last long at all. I've also tries tea tree oil directly on my scalp which didn't do much. I'll look for the peppermint oil as well...

Thanks for the help

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont have much in the way of advice, but i've been to your album and your hair looks great . Hang in there; we all go through those 'blah' times with our hair. Good luck . -- Tryce

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:smil3f9cf915b71bf:

What are you using to wash your hair? Perhaps the dryness is due to your shampoo.

As a matter of fact, how about you give us a list of the products you are currently using? Has your hair always been this dry?
    "To whom much is given much is required."

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your hair is beautiful! I don't really know what to tell you about the dryness and all b/c I am new at this myself. Good Luck!
    Natural Hair is beautiful no matter the texture!

BreezySeas Guest

I have only been natural 2 months so I can not give a lot of advice but hang in there. I have dry hair to but I no poo daily. I also do not tie my hair up at night but starting today I will b/c I think that is why it is so dry. I am so sorry you can not order Asha's because I do use her products and they are great but pure shea butter is great to. I know you can order it somewhere on line you have got to keep searching. The vitaminshoppe.com is a great place to shop. I use Jason Natural's Shampoo but I do not know if they deliver int'l. HTH I also agree with krenaye76. You know I have not had any scalp problems. Do you think you should maybe shampoo more often? I have not put anything on my scalp for like 2 years and my hair is just spouting out beautifully even after all those years of relaxing. I do not put anything on my scalp I moisturize my hair. Keep your scalp clean and try the sea breeze. Someone told me putting grease on the scalp is like putting plastic wrap on top of it and I believe it is true.

_Empress_ Guest

Here is a list of my routine ladies, sorry I should have includedit in my orginal post:

African Pride 2 in 1 Shampoo Conditioner
    Conditioning: Warm honey mixed with olive oil
    African Pride Hair & Scalp Oil
    Mango & Lime with Shea Butter Lotion
    Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparklites

My hair looks shiney but it doesn't absorb the products, I feel as though it always just evaporates off....and i've been through so many now...ex PJ :dunno:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How long do you leave your conditioner on? That's a yummy mix and should leave your hair nice and moisturized. I would recommend 30 minutes to an hour covered in plastic.

Also, a nice spritz is 6oz water, 1 oz conditioner, 1 oz olive oil. Put in a spray bottle, shake well and use as needed.

Hey, maybe its your water that's drying your hair out?! (I had this problem when I first moved to wear I'm living now.)

_Empress_ Guest

No chlorinated water here...I leave on the conditioner for at least an hr or more while I do things around the house.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast