Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like them and I have considered doing them possibly down the road. I'm still transitioning, so I'm open to learning about new methods and styles in the "natural" world. HappyDoingMe has them and they are gorgeous! :wub: My friend actually just came back from ATL with them and she loves them. I showed her HappyDoingMe's fotki and she was inspired by it even more. Good luck with them and keep us posted on your consultation!
    A new day.....A new beginning.....A new journey!

[url=http://www.ezticker.com/]
    [img]http://www.ezticker.com/ticker/1389/1094/20091121/Nappy%20Anniversary%201%20year%20baby!/ticker.png[/img]
    [/url]

[url="http://public.fotki.com/warm33/"]http://public.fotki.com/warm33/[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really like them and I have considered doing them possibly down the road. I'm still transitioning, so I'm open to learning about new methods and styles in the "natural" world. HappyDoingMe has them and they are gorgeous! :wub: My friend actually just came back from ATL with them and she loves them. I showed her HappyDoingMe's fotki and she was inspired by it even more. Good luck with them and keep us posted on your consultation!
    [/b]
    <span style="font-family:arial">Awww!! Wow! I&#39;m glad she liked them! :wub: If she has any more questions, let her know to drop me a line in my guestbook and I&#39;ll help her out as best as I can! ^_^ </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve had my Sls for over a year and a half now and I really enjoy them. What i&#39;m about to share with you is based on my experiences so consider it helpful information and be encouraged. Adding to what HappyDoingMe mentioned earlier:

1) I recommend that you request to view your chosen consultant or trainee&#39;s work whether she has photos or actual client heads to visibly see so that you know what to expect.

2) Know that everyone&#39;s hair is different and that no two locked heads will look the same. For example, my hair is very thick and dense hence my locks are fuller now and are growing outward and down (if that makes sense) instead of just straight down even though they were started very small. (I didn&#39;t know everyone&#39;s locks grew out differently because of their hair texture, boy was I in for a surprise but I don&#39;t mind because like my volume).

3) Try not to over style or color your hair during your baby stage or else you will encounter bunching and loose ends. My only regret is having colored so much during my baby stage because now I have a lot of bunching with my ends, but I was able to fix them. :doh

4) Really do your research and look at both the ups and downs of SLs because 5 years ago when I first became natural, I immediately got Sls (when there was little info at the time and only positive reviews available) and I didn&#39;t know how high maintenance it was so be prepared financially. I knew nothing about locks and wasn&#39;t ready for them then so I just gave them up. (I had 600+ , not good for someone with extremely thick/dense hair like mine :noway: because it was more work to tighten for my consultant).

5) If you have any gut feelings about something being wrong, you are probably right so don&#39;t ignore them or make anyone talk you out of what you know isn&#39;t right (but that&#39; only if you are certain). Take it from someone who is on her 3rd set of SLs.

6) You have the option of visiting a consultant for maintenance every several weeks or doing them yourself if a.) you pay to take a re-tightening course after 6 months or b.) you by-pass the class and latch them yourself. I chose option b. because finances for Grad school became my priority and the only available class was 2 hours away, not held until another 6 months from the date I was ready take it, and $300. Eventually, the 4pt. pattern which I learned from others and the Nappyloc tool helped me to start maintaining my own locks :wub:

People hear many wonderful things about Sls and that&#39;s great, but at the same time few people share about the unexpected, if they have experienced this. I&#39;m not trying to discourage you or anyone, but I just want you to understand both sides because I wish someone had shared with me some of what I didn&#39;t expect or learned the hard way (i.e. asking consultants/trainees to see their work, don&#39;t just trust their word). Hope this helps so be encouraged because locks are fun, sexy, and beautiful no matter what method you choose to start them with.
    Natural since Dec. 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;ve had my Sls for over a year and a half now and I really enjoy them. What i&#39;m about to share with you is based on my experiences so consider it helpful information and be encouraged. Adding to what HappyDoingMe mentioned earlier:

1) I recommend that you request to view your chosen consultant or trainee&#39;s work whether she has photos or actual client heads to visibly see so that you know what to expect.

2) Know that everyone&#39;s hair is different and that no two locked heads will look the same. For example, my hair is very thick and dense hence my locks are fuller now and are growing outward and down (if that makes sense) instead of just straight down even though they were started very small. (I didn&#39;t know everyone&#39;s locks grew out differently because of their hair texture, boy was I in for a surprise but I don&#39;t mind because like my volume).

3) Try not to over style or color your hair during your baby stage or else you will encounter bunching and loose ends. My only regret is having colored so much during my baby stage because now I have a lot of bunching with my ends, but I was able to fix them. :doh

4) Really do your research and look at both the ups and downs of SLs because 5 years ago when I first became natural, I immediately got Sls (when there was little info at the time and only positive reviews available) and I didn&#39;t know how high maintenance it was so be prepared financially. I knew nothing about locks and wasn&#39;t ready for them then so I just gave them up. (I had 600+ , not good for someone with extremely thick/dense hair like mine :noway: because it was more work to tighten for my consultant).

5) If you have any gut feelings about something being wrong, you are probably right so don&#39;t ignore them or make anyone talk you out of what you know isn&#39;t right (but that&#39; only if you are certain). Take it from someone who is on her 3rd set of SLs.

6) You have the option of visiting a consultant for maintenance every several weeks or doing them yourself if a.) you pay to take a re-tightening course after 6 months or b.) you by-pass the class and latch them yourself. I chose option b. because finances for Grad school became my priority and the only available class was 2 hours away, not held until another 6 months from the date I was ready take it, and $300. Eventually, the 4pt. pattern which I learned from others and the Nappyloc tool helped me to start maintaining my own locks :wub:

People hear many wonderful things about Sls and that&#39;s great, but at the same time few people share about the unexpected, if they have experienced this. I&#39;m not trying to discourage you or anyone, but I just want you to understand both sides because I wish someone had shared with me some of what I didn&#39;t expect or learned the hard way (i.e. asking consultants/trainees to see their work, don&#39;t just trust their word). Hope this helps so be encouraged because locks are fun, sexy, and beautiful no matter what method you choose to start them with.
    [/b]

Thank you so much for the information. I&#39;ve been thinking about SL for quite so time now and I know that they are the best for me. I had my consultation today and reviewed previous SL that the stylist had done and they all look great. She&#39;s going to charge 400, which is alot less that what I had thought so I&#39;m glad about that.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was interested in sisterlocks for a veryyyyyyy long time . I stalked websites like no ones business but in the end it came down to the finances. I cant see myself paying that amount of money. My friends tried to put it to me simply because I really dont care how much money I pay for braids and sewins as long as my hair looks good BUT comparing the thick DENSE fro that I have on my head and the upkeep of it, good lord. So its a no on the sisterlocks for me. If I won the lottery than yes!!!! <_<

oh and a coworker has them and she was going to send me to the place where she goes. I totally love her hair :wub: LOL she pays alot and her natural hair is thin so she looked at mine and said oh yes girl you might be paying a grip!!!!

" Why travel down her natural journey, when your own is so unique ?" ~ Cerendipity

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much for the information. I&#39;ve been thinking about SL for quite so time now and I know that they are the best for me. I had my consultation today and reviewed previous SL that the stylist had done and they all look great. She&#39;s going to charge 400, which is alot less that what I had thought so I&#39;m glad about that.
    [/b]
    <span style="font-family:arial">Under any other normal circumstances, I wouldn&#39;t say this, but you are getting good deal!

@ Cerendipity, I know what you mean! I struggled with the price for a long time but since my hubby was cool with it, I went ahead and did it! I was going to do microbraid locs instead since they would be cheaper, but I don&#39;t trust the braiders in my area. My consultant is the only one that had a nice salon and was professional. I couldn&#39;t even reach the other salons! The phone just rang! <_< But yeah, I don&#39;t think anyone would do the retightenings either if I got the microbraids so just to be on the safe side, I wanted to go with someone who knew what she was doing and had proof. I do wish Sisterlocks were cheaper but at the same time, all that work they do.....I can&#39;t blame them.
    </span>

bhop13 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t have them but I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! LOL

GOT PANK??
    Beauty is not defined by the masses, but by the opinion of the individual ~Rune Leknes
    http://public.fotki.com/bhop13/

Dae-Min is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The funny thing is I used to always say:
    "I&#39;ll get locked someday, but not for a loooooooooonnnnnng time maybe when I&#39;m older"

As if finishing out my &#39;spring chicken&#39; years without the "hindrance" of locking was a must <_< <_< <_<
    Whatever <_<
    I&#39;m real glad to be over that nonsense.

I wished I&#39;d known and would&#39;ve been mentally prepared for them sooner, but ah well :rolleyes:
    I can hardly WAIT to get them installed in December. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got them over 9 years ago and very pleased with the decision.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Love them as a new Natural Alternative for sisters who want locks, but so tiny that they can be curled/styled.
    Locks in general during the last decade has helped increased the Diversity of our Natural Hair.
    Our hair {like our mindsets/reality} has evolved since the 70&#39;s one size fits all BAA... {NOT That anything wrong with a BAA :afro: rock it, if you got it like that!}

Take care~

P.S. fftop: I&#39;m looking for NP Friends on Myspace, if you have a MySpace page, add me as a friend:
    http://www.MySpace.com/Knitmodesquad
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast