Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone,
    First off-great thread!!! I just got my 1st set of kinky twists in about 3 weeks ago. I haven&#39;t washed them and I&#39;m not sure if I should. But i do spray them daily with water, EVOO and a little conditioner. I also rub my hairline with rosmary extract (hope this helps my temples....) Is it really necessary to wash kinky twits? I don&#39;t notice any buildup on my hair yet....also should I add in moisturizing with ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUMP!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Everyone,
    First off-great thread!!! I just got my 1st set of kinky twists in about 3 weeks ago. I haven&#39;t washed them and I&#39;m not sure if I should. But i do spray them daily with water, EVOO and a little conditioner. I also rub my hairline with rosmary extract (hope this helps my temples....) Is it really necessary to wash kinky twits? I don&#39;t notice any buildup on my hair yet....also should I add in moisturizing with ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer?
    [/b]
    I would recommend washing them to cleanse your scalp. If your spritzing your hair daily and massaging oil into you will have buildup in your hair. Keeping your hair clean and your pores unclogged will allow your hair to breathe and grow better. Does the ORS have petrolatum or mineral oil? then i wouldn&#39;t recommend it. Just remember the more products you add to your twists the more buildup you might be prone to have. Some people do need extra moisture so if you feel you need it then use it.
    Old SN name Soontobenappy
    Transition period 10-6-07 to 6-20-08
    BC 6-20-08 100% Nappy and Loving it!!
    http://members.fotki.com/soontobenappy/ - Finally Updated 4-2013
    Check me on YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/NowIAmNappy?feature=mhum

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I&#39;m new to the group, and I&#39;m so glad that I found this discussion! I am about four months into my transition and have mostly been in braids. I had kinky twists for about two months, which I was scared to wash due to a fear of the braids slipping, so I used the dry shampoo method. This worked okay. I also used a braid spray for moisturizer.

I now have cornrow braids (not quite a week old) and would like to use a different process this time. I was thinking of using a conditioner/water mix in a spray bottle for cleansing my scalp. Any thoughts on this? Not sure about a moisturizer, though. I read that someone used a water, EVOO, conditioner mix? What is EVOO? And would I be able to use this mixture with my cornrows?

Thanks,
    Live~Laugh~Love

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, I&#39;m new to the group, and I&#39;m so glad that I found this discussion! I am about four months into my transition and have mostly been in braids. I had kinky twists for about two months, which I was scared to wash due to a fear of the braids slipping, so I used the dry shampoo method. This worked okay. I also used a braid spray for moisturizer.

I now have cornrow braids (not quite a week old) and would like to use a different process this time. I was thinking of using a conditioner/water mix in a spray bottle for cleansing my scalp. Any thoughts on this? Not sure about a moisturizer, though. I read that someone used a water, EVOO, conditioner mix? What is EVOO? And would I be able to use this mixture with my cornrows?

Thanks,
    Live~Laugh~Love
    [/b]
    <span style="font-family:arial">Hey girl! EVOO is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I&#39;ve heard of ladies putting some in their conditioners. I think its safe to make a spritz with it but just don&#39;t put too much cuz you don&#39;t want product buildup. I did that once before and I had to wash my hair more often because of all the gunk that ended up in my hair! I did put a lot of things in my spritz though. EVOO is kind of heavy so just make sure you measure it out alright! </span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, this is some good stuff…

I’m not transitioning, but I’m wearing box braid extensions for the first time and I was wondering how to take care of my hair since I plan on wearing them for 2 months total. I was already on the washing tip, because, no matter what, my hair is gonna get washed! But I didn’t know how to moisturize and all have is that darn braid spray. I’m gonna whip up some glycerin/oil spritz right away and start spraying!

Sue.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys for starting this thread ...ive had my box braids in now for almost 2 weeks and the itch has been killing me ...i was afraid to wash it because i didnt want to ruin the look of the braids or do it the wrong way.. I have been searching this site religiously for something like this and im glad that ive found it.

~Tiffa :wub:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you guys for starting this thread ...ive had my box braids in now for almost 2 weeks and the itch has been killing me ...i was afraid to wash it because i didnt want to ruin the look of the braids or do it the wrong way.. I have been searching this site religiously for something like this and im glad that ive found it.

~Tiffa :wub:
    [/b]
    <span style="font-family:arial">Nevermind... :blush:</span>

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it. Just what I was looking for since I just finished putting box braids in, thanks you guys

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast