Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I am trying to transition and I haven't had a chemical fire cream since January of this year.
    It is becoming challenging to deal with the two types of hair. Additionally, I am
    ready for everyone else to be able to see the beautiful coils and curls that I can
    feel. Does anyone know of a good salon that I can get my hair cut down to about
    an inch and a half where my curls are? Thanks

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,
    I am trying to transition and I haven't had a chemical fire cream since January of this year.
    It is becoming challenging to deal with the two types of hair. Additionally, I am
    ready for everyone else to be able to see the beautiful coils and curls that I can
    [/b]
    The only place that I have tried is Touch of Class on Livingston Ave. Val is the best woman for the job in working with natural hair... good luck.. you'll be happy with the results.. she doesn't take all day either..!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only place that I have tried is Touch of Class on Livingston Ave. Val is the best woman for the job in working with natural hair... good luck.. you'll be happy with the results.. she doesn't take all day either..!
    [/b]
    I wish that I didn't have to drive so far to get to a natural hair stylist in Columbus. (I live on the NW side of town).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

Hi,
    [/b]

Is Val the stylist with Locs? She did my hair once before, I didn't care for the product she put in my hair. That was maybe 3 years ago. There seems to be a shortage of stylists for Natural Women. :afro:

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG, I've found Columbus people! I'm going to check out Val. I saw some ads on Craig's List but was not brave enough to call any of them.
    BECOME PANK!! ยก Gif-n-go

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend of mine found a girl. Her name is Karen and she works at Salon Lofts on Main Street in Whitehall. I've heard so many good things about her. Check out her website:

http://matchstylist.com/wwwsynergisaloncom/

or

http://www.synergisalon.com/

The only problem is that she only accepts new clients during certain days and times and she doesn't work weekend. I've talked with people who've went to her and she gets you out in 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

My friend and her daughter have appointments with her this month and I have an appointment the beginning of September. We will let you know how it goes.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People I know seem to really like Dani Carter at Queen Bee's Beauty Salon. It's across from OSU and near Eddie George's. I need to get my ends trimmed sometime in the near future and I think I'm going to try her.

I also recently received a card from a woman from Napps, Kinx & BB's Urban Day Spa. I've never been. I took a look at the website and the prices seemed kind of high. I think I might have to wait for somebody else to try that one out first.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I went to see karen at Synergi salon (Salon Loft on main Street in Whitehall). I love my hair. It looks great and it feels great. I got to my appointment right on time @ 3pm and I was walking out the door at 4pm. She had other people in there, but she is so organized that you did not have to worry about them. She did not try to sale me anything. She did spend the first 10-15 minutes explaining to me what I need to do in order to keep my hair healthy in this process. She encouraged me and let me know that as long as I am willing to put in the work at home she is more than happy to help me grow my hair to its former beauty. You guys should check her out. She is honest enough and will tell you if she can help you or not.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanted to give everyone an update. I went to see karen at Synergi salon (Salon Loft on main Street in Whitehall). I love my hair. It looks great and it feels great. I got to my appointment right on time @ 3pm and I was walking out the door at 4pm. She had other people in there, but she is so organized that you did not have to worry about them. She did not try to sale me anything. She did spend the first 10-15 minutes explaining to me what I need to do in order to keep my hair healthy in this process. She encouraged me and let me know that as long as I am willing to put in the work at home she is more than happy to help me grow my hair to its former beauty. You guys should check her out. She is honest enough and will tell you if she can help you or not.
    [/b]
    Thanks for the update! I just wish there was a place to go in NW Columbus (Worthington) area, though.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[/b]
    what did you have done to your hair to get out in an hour?
    <<<been here since 2003>>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast