Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

I'm thinking about joining etsy.com to have a store there. I wanted to know,for anybody who has an etsy store..has it increased your sales? I still might do it just to expand my market. Just wanted to know. Thanks in advance!

feepee Guest

Peace sis! I have a store on etsy but I wouldn't say it INCREASED my sales. But I love having my store there. For me it makes my "shop" more professional and easier to maintain. And although I'm not actively marketing my goods right now I feel like it's so cheap to list stuff there that I don't plan on closing that store anytime soon.

Whenever sales are up for me it's when I'm actively getting the word out that I have a store. I still sell things here and there without trying, but that's primarily from folks visiting my fotki album and seeing something they like.

In short, I love my etsy store, but if you're only looking to increase sales by opening one it's not likely to work. For me it's about convenience.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's how my sales are too. Im looking at it for more than increasing sales, just thought I would ask just for general inquiry..
    I'm going to open one
    Whats the link to yours,what do u make?

Imla is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of stores also join street teams to bring awareness and help increase sales. Check out Etsy Artists of Color blog.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the avatar, feepee!

I've had an online store with Etsy for about a month now, and I can't really say that it has increased my sales, maybe moreso just created awareness of my business (which is always good!). Perhaps it also depends on what you are selling as well - there are tons of people who sell the same or similar products as mine, so I realize that competition is a factor. If you have something truly unique and market it well, you should be fine - I think that's with any website that you have, whether it's through Etsy, Ebay, or personal.

I guess it can't hurt to have an Etsy page... it's pretty cheap to list your items. Try it out and let us know how it goes after some time - good luck!
    [b]***SPONTANEITY: Custom-design Handcrafted Crochet Accessories***[/b]

[color=#FF0000][b][i] FALL COLLECTION IS NOW AVAILABLE! [/i][/b][/color]
    [b]Web:[/b] [url]www.spon-taneity.com[/url]

[b]~Live, love, laugh... and be spontaneous!~[/b]

[color=#FF0000]NP771[/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although I have been making my own products for over 8 years now, I just started selling on etsy this month.

I have only gotten (1) sale thus far, but overall I like it and will keep it even when my main site is secured and ready.

I am still learning with it and trying to implement a few things to help me market my biz.
    [url="http://twitter.com/darcysbotanical"]Twitter[/url]
    [url="http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/profile.php?id=1029673808&ref=name"]Facebook[/url]
    [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/darcysbotanicals/"]Flickr[/url]
    [url="http://darcysbotanicals.blogspot.com/"]My not so updated blogger[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hasn't increase my sales....but helps with exposure....i make jewelry. jarospride is the name of mines
    Nubian Goddess

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

I&#39;m basically just echoing what everyone else has stated. Having an Etsy store doesn&#39;t increase your sales per say (<~ did I spell that, lol).

It&#39;s a combination of things, what your selling (for example soap seller tend to do well, jewelry makers have more competition so they have to work extremely hard and stand out i.e. having really sharp, creative and excellent pictures. I&#39;ve noticed that those that tend to sell quirky items tend to make more sales.

Those who market to the right target group tend to have more sales as well.

If there is someone that is doing well, try to figure out how they got there. For example I noticed this seller http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=991 had a high number of sales. Upon further investigation, I found out she was on the Martha Stewart show and after her appearance her sales sky rocketed. Someone who may not be aware of this may look at her sales, then beat themselves up for not making as many sales, not realize, hey Martha is a big advantage.

Hope I&#39;m not rambling.

My suggestion (for what it&#39;s worth) would be to get your name out there. Not sure what your selling but make sure you stand out. Take great pictures. After each sale ask the buyer if they would like to be added to your mailing list. When you have new products added to Etsy/your website/ebay/where ever you sell you will notify them. Get their permission, don&#39;t just add them ; )

Hmmm, what else....oh facebook, twitter, myspace, ning, I&#39;m old so I don&#39;t know what else is out there, lol but get your name out there and lead everyone back to your Etsy store.

There&#39;s so much more, I&#39;m sorry to be rushed, lol. Trying to catch up on NP before I have to leave.

If you think this was helpful, I&#39;ll add more when I get back.

Good Luck Sis!!
    planning my escape...one painting at a time...
    www.jaishi.com

Etsy:|:Zazzle:|:Facebook (Profile):|:Facebook (Art Page):|:MySpace:|:Twitter:|:My Flickr
    Blog Spot:|:LiveJournal
    Ad Approval Code NP9_002