Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other one got closed so I figured I'd start a new one.

GalacticalFro, I can't believe you cut it off!! I've been plenty tired of my roots growing out, but I've been sticking it out after that cut last year!! Then again, it's only hair, it grows back regardless...

I originally logged on to give a small update:

I can finally get a teeny little bunny tail!!!! It doesn't really stay yet, but I'm only another inch away!! I'll be there by the middle of next month or so!! I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere!! I'm still doing my two braids, with an occasional puff here or there. It's obviously working. I'm just glad I got back to this length cuz this was one of my staple styles when I was relaxed. I think I have to henna again though, my strands are feeling a little fragile lately. I think I had planned on it but now I can't remember when I said I'd do it. I may do that tonight before I twist my hair. I twisted my hair while it was dry and stretched and they looked gorgeous!! That will be my new way to go from now on.

How's everyone else's growth coming???
    my fotki: http://members.fotki.com/babi71686/about/ feel free to leave comments, tips, and questions!!!!

****Found some creepy old guy in My Guests on fotki so now I have a password: nappylove

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone! I think I've grown about 1/2 inch of hair this summer. I can especially see growth in the back of my hair and I'm so proud because that part is extremely shorter than the rest! Yay me!
    hAIR oBSESSED.
    ...[formerly Africanbeautiii.]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll post a pic today in my fotki as soon as my camera batteries recharge

at first i was going to cut a little at a time, then i got tired of my hair feeling like the bottom of the potato chip bag :lol:

maybe i'll give henna a try in a few months when it's longer.

B_Phlyy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EEEEE. It's been a minute since I last updated, but I'm all good. Have some braids in right now and already have major growth (my hair always grows faster in summer). I might take them down on Friday, if not, it will be on September 1st.
    The_Epitome_of_Glamour My Fotki

IMHO, you can never have too much conditioner.
    ~Proverb from a Product Junkie

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, summer is/was killing my hair. It seems that my hair just can't get enough moisture. I am switching to wearing my hair in PS one week and WNG the other.
    My avatar is my ultimate goal.

mwedzi is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy, you cut it all off! Ah well. summer's the time to do that anyway. Are you doing WnG's?

Beautiii, congrats!

C.K.N., do you have braids with extensions or just your own hair?

It's turning out to be a lot harder than I thought, keeping hair on my head. Due to some bad Aphogeeing and a wash and go, I had super knots and tangles. It was taking me too long to detangle. I just said 'screw it' and went at it the way I used to before the hair boards. I ripped through and I heard so much breakage, it hurt my scalp, hair was all over the floor, sink, etc. but I was just too tired of this hair to care anymore. After losing so much and figuring this retention game was a loss for the moment (the battle, not the war!), I went ahead and trimmed, too. Now my hair is in twists so maybe I'll just stick to small twists and their twist outs for at least a month or so. At least that's my plan.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to you ladies keeping up that retention. Stay away from those shears! You grow girls.
    [color=#993300][b]Current-BSL
    Goal- MBL[/b][/color]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are the rules of the length retention challenge?
    I have freed many slaves and could have freed thousands more if they only knew they were slaves ~ Harriet Tubman
    JAN 2010 UPDATES!

fotki.com msdimpled1

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my hair looks really cute (microtwists) and i decided not to cut it, but to dust the ends rather. unfortunately no one gets to see it because some @$%#@#$%$# stole my macbook

maybe i'll figure out how to make it work on a different operatign system. le %#@# sigh.
    4 years natural!
    1 year loc'd and finally happy :)

www.twitter.com/dailygazelle

B_Phlyy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy, you cut it all off! Ah well. summer's the time to do that anyway. Are you doing WnG's?

Beautiii, congrats!

C.K.N., do you have braids with extensions or just your own hair?

It's turning out to be a lot harder than I thought, keeping hair on my head. Due to some bad Aphogeeing and a wash and go, I had super knots and tangles. It was taking me too long to detangle. I just said 'screw it' and went at it the way I used to before the hair boards. I ripped through and I heard so much breakage, it hurt my scalp, hair was all over the floor, sink, etc. but I was just too tired of this hair to care anymore. After losing so much and figuring this retention game was a loss for the moment (the battle, not the war!), I went ahead and trimmed, too. Now my hair is in twists so maybe I'll just stick to small twists and their twist outs for at least a month or so. At least that's my plan.
    [/b]
    I have extensions, but I hate them, so this will be my last set. When I take them down, I'll probably be doing twists.

The_Epitome_of_Glamour My Fotki

IMHO, you can never have too much conditioner.
    ~Proverb from a Product Junkie

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast