Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, so I&#39;m not 100% sure how to word this. This is a question I often had as a child that was always overlooked or I was told "stop being a smart azz" <_< Even as an adult I still have it. After reading the thread about the world ending in 2015, it came back to me. Please keep in mind that when I formed this question originally I was a child so understand how it can be confusing to a child. Since no one ever answered it for me, the confusion stayed as I grew. Although I no longer practice religion or consider myself a believer, I would still appreciate answers.

The thing I don&#39;t understand about Jesus coming back or the second coming is how can one return if they never left? I was taught that Jesus lived within us, that your body was like his temple. I think (forgive me I don&#39;t remember) it was when he was talking to the apostles after he resurrected that he said I will always be with you. And I also hear so many Christians say "I&#39;ve got Jesus in me". So if he is in you (general), why does he need to come back? I don&#39;t get what is meant by the return of Jesus. When I did believe, I used to think that maybe the return of Jesus was one&#39;s actual death. The bible says He will come like a thief in the night and no one knows the hour or the day. And that always made me think of death because no one knows when they will die and it happens so suddenly that you don&#39;t know it&#39;s upon you until it does. So please share your thoughts on this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing I don&#39;t understand about Jesus coming back or the second coming is how can one return if they never left? I was taught that Jesus lived within us, that your body was like his temple.

i wondered the same thing as well... and gee isn&#39;t it interesting that the bible gives us a story of apostles having jesus (the christ consciousness if you want to call it that) inside them and other religions like buddhism and hinduism say the same thing (this is essentially what the greeting namaste means), but we&#39;re expected to believe that jesus/god/divinity is floating outside us, separate from us and we are disconnected from this? puh-leeeasse anyone who has opened themselves up to their spiritual natures know this phoo-ey but gee isn&#39;t it interesting how some religions and segments of certain religions try to keep people from exploring their spiritual natures by calling it evil and demonic .........

don&#39;t believe the hype... you got it right as a kid : you can&#39;t come back to some place you never left

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are so many parts to this question OK...

I think (forgive me I don&#39;t remember) it was when he was talking to the apostles after he resurrected that he said I will always be with you. And I also hear so many Christians say "I&#39;ve got Jesus in me". So if he is in you (general), why does he need to come back?[/b]
    Jesus said that in Matthew 28:20. The Bible says that Jesus ascended into heaven and is now sitting on the right side of the Father. Jesus, the man who ate, slept, and could be touched and embraced, did leave this Earth. So Jesus is up there in heaven advocating on our behalf and serving as a mediator between us and God.

Our bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. I think when people say "Christ lives in me" they are talking about the transforming work of the Holy Spirit and the union we have with Jesus Christ. By faith in him, the old self is gone and was crucified with Christ. You no longer live according to the flesh, but living according to the Spirit. So you&#39;re quick to love, slow to anger, you turn the other cheek.

Paul says in Galatians: "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me."

I don&#39;t get what is meant by the return of Jesus. When I did believe, I used to think that maybe the return of Jesus was one&#39;s actual death. The bible says He will come like a thief in the night and no one knows the hour or the day. And that always made me think of death because no one knows when they will die and it happens so suddenly that you don&#39;t know it&#39;s upon you until it does.[/b]
    The bible describes the return of Jesus as Jesus actually returning to Earth with a lot of pomp and circumstance. It is not described as a quiet event or an event that occurs multiple times:

-For as the lightening comes from the east and flashes to the west, so will be the coming of the Son of man (Matthew 24:27)
    -For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. (I Thessalonians 4:16-17)
    -Look, He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of Him (Revelation 1:7)

When the bible says he will come in as a thief in the night, it means there will be an element of surprise. No can predict the day when he will come. We can tell the day is coming soon, but not the actual day. That doesn&#39;t mean Jesus will be sneaking around. According to the scriptures, the second coming is going to be a very LOUD and BIG event.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you tell the day is coming soon?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can you tell the day is coming soon?
    [/b]
    by the state of the world that the bible describes in Luke 21:25-26, Daniel 12:4, II Timothy 3:1-5, etc. But again, soon could mean years or it could mean months. No one can predict the time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the state of the world that the bible describes in Luke 21:25-26, Daniel 12:4, II Timothy 3:1-5, etc. But again, soon could mean years or it could mean months. No one can predict the time.
    [/b]
    The first two scriptures that you gave were a little hard to see why they would predict Christ&#39;s return.

Now.....1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them

Hasn&#39;t this been going on for centuries, and people have been saying since Christianity began that the end of days is soon. I guess my question is how can you know it will be soon, if for almost 2000 years people have been thinking Jesus was coming back. Why now?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing I don&#39;t understand about Jesus coming back or the second coming is how can one return if they never left? I was taught that Jesus lived within us, that your body was like his temple.

i wondered the same thing as well... and gee isn&#39;t it interesting that the bible gives us a story of apostles having jesus (the christ consciousness if you want to call it that) inside them and other religions like buddhism and hinduism say the same thing (this is essentially what the greeting namaste means), but we&#39;re expected to believe that jesus/god/divinity is floating outside us, separate from us and we are disconnected from this? puh-leeeasse anyone who has opened themselves up to their spiritual natures know this phoo-ey but gee isn&#39;t it interesting how some religions and segments of certain religions try to keep people from exploring their spiritual natures by calling it evil and demonic .........

don&#39;t believe the hype... you got it right as a kid : you can&#39;t come back to some place you never left
    [/b]
    i really like this explanation and how it intertwines many traditions. i truly believe that God is not one religion but that each tradition has it partly right. so your explanation really speaks to the "biggerness" (yes i made that word up) of Divine.
    Self-Love Coach :: Middle School Principal :: Mama :: Wife :: Author :: Black Girl Magic :: Queer :: Priestess:: Beyhive :: Head Queen Bee

Insta | Facebook | Website | Twitter

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first two scriptures that you gave were a little hard to see why they would predict Christ&#39;s return.

Now.....1But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them

Hasn&#39;t this been going on for centuries, and people have been saying since Christianity began that the end of days is soon. I guess my question is how can you know it will be soon, if for almost 2000 years people have been thinking Jesus was coming back. Why now?
    [/b]
    I&#39;m not debating this with ya, just reporting it

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW......

creation is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote]

How are you littlemiss.

We have to understand that God looks at time from his point of view. What may seem like many years to us, can seem like a day to God. He is outside of time, because he is infinite and eternal. The bible also predicts that there will be many(meaning people) wondering when he will come back, saying that all things have gone on since the beginning of creation. Which seems to imply that this time span seems like a long time in terms of human understanding. Hope this helps!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast