Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

]Hello Everyone!,

I've seen people give some really good advice on here so I thought I would see if I could get some help. I have been locing my hair since Oct of 2007 and I was going to a stylist who I thought was very good. Unfortunately because of finances I couldn't go every 4 weeks like she wanted sometimes I had to go every 6. Once I waited a painful 8 weeks. Anyway, last month I really need to make an appointment and she never returned my phone call. I've called her three times in the past couple of weeks trying to make an appointment for this month. No response. In her defense she was in the process of moving a few months ago and has personal business to take care of. Anyway to make a long story longer LOL, I went to an "upscale" salon last month and a stylist did my hair but she only palmrolled my ROOTS. I was thinking "Maybe she's having flashbacks from retouching perms" I am use to my old stylist going down the length of my hair. To say the least I was not pleased and I looked a Hot Mess coming out of that salon.

Now I'm going to have to go somewhere else and I really hate to hop into yet another chair. Is there anyone who has let various loctitians do their hair and not have a prob with it? And just for my own info, does anyone just palmroll their roots?

Thanks in advance everyone ,

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

]Hello Everyone!,

I've seen people give some really good advice on here so I thought I would see if I could get some help. I have been locing my hair since Oct of 2007 and I was going to a stylist who I thought was very good. Unfortunately because of finances I couldn't go every 4 weeks like she wanted sometimes I had to go every 6. Once I waited a painful 8 weeks. Anyway, last month I really need to make an appointment and she never returned my phone call. I've called her three times in the past couple of weeks trying to make an appointment for this month. No response. In her defense she was in the process of moving a few months ago and has personal business to take care of. Anyway to make a long story longer LOL, I went to an "upscale" salon last month and a stylist did my hair but she only palmrolled my ROOTS. I was thinking "Maybe she's having flashbacks from retouching perms" I am use to my old stylist going down the length of my hair. To say the least I was not pleased and I looked a Hot Mess coming out of that salon.

Now I'm going to have to go somewhere else and I really hate to hop into yet another chair. Is there anyone who has let various loctitians do their hair and not have a prob with it? And just for my own info, does anyone just palmroll their roots?

Thanks in advance everyone ,
    [/b]
    Hey, I was on here looking for a response to my own question and noticed that nobody responded to yours either. I'm only 6 months into my journey so my two cents is far from the expertise of most of the other people on this board but what the hell, I'll tell you what I know.

I don't think that switching stylist can damage your hair...but how they care for it can. I have a friend that let a stylist, other than her usual one, maintenance her hair and the girl palm rolled her locs in the wrong direction...NOT GOOD!!!

I go to the salon every 2 to 3 weeks and because my locs aren't mature (I'm assuming this is the reason), my stylist palm rolls the entire loc but I watch the stylist in the chair next to me maintenance her clients and the ones that have longer or mature locs only get their roots palm rolled and clipped.

I guess the best thing for you to do is to ask anyone you are interested in what their method is and go with the person who is more to your satisfaction.

HTH
    ~MY FOTKI LOCUMENTARY~~MY YOUTUBE~

Life can be short & Life can be unfair but life can also be beautiful and full of pleasant surprises. Surround yourself with positivity, why waste our numbered days with anything else?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would only be damaging if they were going against the grain with your locks. Like twisting them the opposite direction or doing them too tight for your liking. Many on here like myself are DIY'r. I just palmroll my own hair every 3-6 months to keep them from marrying each other. However, if I were to pay someone to maintain my locks I would definitely be asking questions and also go by word of mouth.
    TO BE LOCKED IS TO BE FREE!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would feel them out. You can tell a lot from a phone conversation. The times when I've gotten my locs maintained by a loctitian, it was the same person, didn't mind me bringing my own products, was very gentle and patient, etc...Since she stopped then I haven't gone to anyone else but I believe that I've found a suitable replacement. I just do them myself for the most part but definitely wouldn't mind getting them retwisted by someone else every once in a while. You DON'T want to switch too many times though because you don't want that many people in your head.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had the same loctician for the past 3 years and only went to another person once because my regular stylist took maternity leave. The second stylist I went to used a different method but she concentrated mainly on the roots but did a touchup on the rest of the loc to catch any stray hairs. I don't think it'll hurt to go to a different stylist, but I wouldn't jump from salon to salon either.
    I just want you to recognize me in the temple, you can't hurt me I found peace within myself--Michael Jackson (RIP)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it would only be damaging if they were going against the grain with your locks. Like twisting them the opposite direction or doing them too tight for your liking. Many on here like myself are DIY'r. I just palmroll my own hair every 3-6 months to keep them from marrying each other. However, if I were to pay someone to maintain my locks I would definitely be asking questions and also go by word of mouth.
    [/b]

IA it wouldnt be unless she was going against the grain and maybe using the wrong products like that brown gel

I switched loctitions three times and mines are still healthy but let me say all three people I went to are really good ask questions before you switch find out what products they use and how they do things and I left my first loctition because she passed
    http://public.fotki.com/happynappy/

http://www.youtube.com/user/napturaldiva904