Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone tried using white vinegar to kill ants? I know, I know....all you got is apple cider vinegar, right? :P I saw this idea on a few messageboards and it looks like it does work, however only temporary. Which is fine because that's what I need right now until DH can get home to spray and the boys and I can leave. But for now, I can't use anything deadly because I'm pregnant and my oldest already has a stomach ache. We've got a few I guess they are sugar ants in the kitchen and a few in one of the bathrooms. However, the ones in the bathroom are larger than the kitchen ants. I'm worried because I'd hate for them to be fire ants in the bathroom and end up biting one of my kids while they are in there. So has anyone tried white vinegar? I've also heard that mixing dish liquid and white vinegar works too. For some odd damn reason, we have a gallon of white vinegar.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what! you mean to tell me there's more than acv! incredible. :lol:

i haven't tried white vinegar on ants, but i have used it for spiders. it keeps them at bay as long as the scent lingers.

someone told me to sprinkle ground cinnamon around the areas you see ants. i tried it along the door to my deck, and it seemed to work.

since you're expecting, i hope you can find something chemical free to take care of the problem.
    "don't be in such a hurry to condemn a person because s/he doesn't do what you do, or think as you think. there was a time when you didn't know what you know today." ~malcolm X

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never tried white vinegar to kill ants, I am sure that it should work as long as they smell it in the area. I think that cinnamon would work too!

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your question took me back to the time I worked in a ladies clothing store. Anyway, the manager would mix this concoction of boric acid and cayenne pepper (yes, THAT pepper) in plastic tubs to take care of the crawly critters in our back room. I have to say, it must have worked, b/c I never saw any problems after that!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know Tide - (no other washing powder that I know of...just Tide) kills ants.
    Karma is a boomerrang that will bust you in the eye.
    PrincessDrRe, 2004
    The grass that is lush and green can very well be growing over a septic tank.
    Anabwi, 2008

SaPhia...it will return!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put pennies down where I saw ants, and they didn't come where the pennies were.
    Thanks to my angel who made me PANK again!!!

Pixie Hollow: Home of glitter and other sparkle!
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard that if your pour grits and rice on a ants nest, that would kill them too. Supposedly when the ants eat it, the grits or rice expands in their stomaches and they explode.
    The Mad Hatter: There is a place. Like no place on Earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger! Some say to survive it: You need to be as mad as a hatter. Which luckily I am.

Twitter: Letti_Bug

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I decided to buy some ant traps and put them on the inside and outside of my house. Also, we bought spray for immediate action to kill those pests! :angry: I don't know where these ants came from but I am ready for them to leave for the winter.

Peace,
    Rasta
    "As you educate a woman, you educate the family. If you educate the girls, you educate the future."

Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan

Never be limited by other people's limited imaginations. If you adopt their attitudes, then the possiblity won't exist because you'll have already shut it out. You can hear other people's wisdom, but you've got to re-evaluate the world for yourself.
    Dr. Mae Jemison, astronaut

Run Isiah 40:31

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, I will have to try some of these remedies. Clearly there are ants in my garage because they are on the front of my car and some have ventured on the inside. I released a fogger in the garage, but evidently that wasn't enough. This morning they were crawling on my front bumper and everytime and wiped them off, more appeared! Aarrghh!!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping...I love this site...

Riddle me this: How in the HELL does one get ants in Iowa in FEBRUARY???

Fortunately I have white vinegar and a spray bottle handy...hopefully this will work because I'm having dinner guests tomorrow...
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast