Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blackbeauty398 View Post
    I don't use a stocking cap cause I can't rinse the dandruff flakes out properly when I wore one. So experiment with that. I normally wash my hair once a week then either I put world of curls or qhemets aohc and ohhb on it. Helps keeps my ends soft. For my scalp, I apply vatika oil to keep the flakes at bay.
    Now, normally I can leave my braids in for a month or so without any locing whatsoever but your hair
    may be different. It's okay to use conditioner when your hair is in braids too. Another important thing is to expect frizz. It's going to happen, no way to prevent it and it's okay.

HTH
    How in the world do you get the braides to be so close to the scalp and look clean like this? I can't do it to save my life!
    I transition for 9 months total!
    Last perm February 06.
    BC'ed November 5, 2006
    Fotki-Jaydago, and Jaydagor
    PW:tweety bird for both

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have a hard time leaving my box braids for more than 2 weeks...bc day 2 looks so frizzy. Ive mixed my shea butter with some ecco sytling gel (in the white container) with some other oils (castor, carrot, grapeseed) and hope that they won't look so bad. Seriously...how do u ladies get urs to last so long? what products do u use as you braid?
    And I thought looking this good could only come from a boxed perm...obviously I thought wrong! I am naturally beautiful!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a kinda natural girl that gets bored with protective styles very easily despite the time it takes me to do them. lol. I was on this bunning kick until I realized: 1. my hair didnt effectively cover the donut and it was actually peaking through the bun (how embarassing!) 2. my hair was super dry. the solution: I braided the roots of my hair super small and twisted the ends! this allows me to style my hair in multiple ways because they are so small AND when I get bored of them I can do a twist out. I LOVE NATURAL HAIR! (Hopefuly this style will keep my hands out of my hair and my ends protected from the frigid cold
    And I thought looking this good could only come from a boxed perm...obviously I thought wrong! I am naturally beautiful!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The most daily maintenence I do for my box braids is to moisturize my scalp with a liquid oil, spray them with a leave in conditioner, rub the conditioner into my braids and scalp, and then spray with an oil sheen. To clean I either dab witch hazel on my scalp and apply tea tree oil or I just spray warm water on my hair, dab the condish on my scalp, and wash it out.
    If you're nappy and you know it say AMEN!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just put in a set of box braids again. im wanting them to last a long time. is there anny reason why after a few weeks i couldnt redo a section ata time? thus redoing my whole head and making them last several months. i would like for them to last until may. Is there anyone that does this?
    Last re.laxer Dec 2006
    BC'd Jan 25, 2008
    2nd BC June 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlwnurse View Post
    i just put in a set of box braids again. im wanting them to last a long time. is there anny reason why after a few weeks i couldnt redo a section ata time? thus redoing my whole head and making them last several months. i would like for them to last until may. Is there anyone that does this?

hmm. this seems like an idea i could rock with. haha. it would surely make things easier as far as styling goes. although, some people say that keeping the same sections can cause stress to the hair?
    formerly runrunrunner

leave fear where you're standing
    and i'll follow your lead <3

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ywr,
    So a better option would be to take down a few and do a new part?

How exactly would it stress the hair?
    Last re.laxer Dec 2006
    BC'd Jan 25, 2008
    2nd BC June 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tlwnurse View Post
    I redo sections of my hair when it's in box braids, usually when they start to look fuzzy. Last night I redid the front and side box braids and I will hopefully move on to the mid section tonight. I have never maintained the same parts over several months though.
    "Beyond this place, there be dragons!"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, been MIA for a while.

Also, sometimes the best time to dust your ends is while they are in box braids. Please don't let the frizz discourage you because it's going to happen. What I've read that some people do is wash their hair and apply a light gel, like IC Fantasia with Sparklelites or aloe vera gel, smooth it over the hair then tie it down with a scarf to dry.

tlwnurse: You can just do it in sections. Just that it may not look consistent. Like the front would be neater while the back is frizzier until you get to it BUT it is an easier way to redo the hair rather than taking it all down.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast